SOS Children’s Villages Ghana is a child welfare organisation that provides a stable Family-Like Care (FLC) for children in need. We also provide social services for families at risk through our Family Strengthening Projects. Currently, we operate in four locations; Tema, Asiakwa, Kumasi, Tamale with the National Office in Accra. Applications are invited from suitably qualified and dynamic persons for appointment as: Accountant
• The successful applicant will be required to review all Bank Reconciliation Statements, Support preparation of Budgets and Cash Flow Statements
Qualification Required & Experience
The successful applicant must
• Hold a First degree in BSc Administration (Accounting Option) BComm or Level II of relevant accounting Qualification (ICA Ghana)/ACCA
• Have a minimum of 5 years post qualification relevant work experience.
• Possess good interpersonal, planning. communication and organisational skills; ability to pay attention to details
• Must be computer literate. (Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word & capable of using an accounting based software).
• Have a sound appreciation of office administration and accounting procedures
• Be prepared to work for long hours
• Possess understanding of Result-Based Management (RBM) Finance
• Must be knowledgeable in Child Rights and Child Safe Guarding Practices
• Make payments by verifying documentation;
• Prepare financial reports of programmes; Submit Monthly Financial Reports.
• Update: Fixed Assets Register and make entries into the accounting software (Microsoft Dynamics NAV).
• Prepare monthly budgets/actual variance. Ensure & Adhere to financial guidelines and internal controls.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should send their applications, (indicating their reliable phone numbers), Curriculum vitae with photocopies of certificates addressed to:
The HR/Admin Manager
P. O. Box AN 16657
Or email to:
Closing Date: 25 February, 2022