The West African Examinations Council, a non-profit-making organization, with its headquarters in Accra, Ghana, was established in 1952 after the Governments of Ghana (then Gold Coast), Nigeria, Sierra Leone, and The Gambia enacted the West African Examinations Council Ordinances in 1951.
Liberia became the fifth member of the Council in 1974. The enactment of the Ordinances was based on the Jeffrey Report, which strongly supported the proposal for the setting up of a regional examining board to harmonize and standardize pre-university assessment procedures in British West Africa.
The West African Examinations Council invites applications from qualified persons to fill the under-mentioned vacant positions in the Ghana National Office.
POSITION: ACCOUNTANT II (ASSISTANT REGISTRAR II)
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
The successful applicant will be required to perform the following duties among others in the Finance Division:
- Assist in the preparation of budgets, financial and cost analysis.
- Analyze revenue and expenditure trends and recommend appropriate budget controls.
- Resolve accounting discrepancies.
- Supervise the input and handling of financial data and reports for the Council.
- Interact with Internal and External Auditors in completing audits.
Applicants should possess:
- First Degree in Business Administration, Accounting Option (Minimum, Second Class Lower) or Bachelor of Commerce and be literate in accounting software. Any additional certification in a relevant area will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of WASSCE/GCE “O” Level Examination Certificate or their equivalents with credits in five subjects including English Language and Mathematics, at ONE (1) sitting.
- WASSCE/GCE “O” Level Examination Certificate with credits in six subjects, including English Language and Mathematics, at not more than TWO (2) sittings.
Applicants must have at least three (3) years of relevant post-qualification experience in a reputable institution.
- Good analytical skills
- High sense of integrity
- Ability to work under pressure
- Excellent team player
- Result oriented
Applicants must not be more than forty (40) years old as at the close of the advertisement for the position.
HOW TO APPLY
CLOSING DATE: January 24, 2022