As a prime contractor under USAID’s EVAL-ME II Indefinite Delivery, Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) contract, Panagora Group seeks an experienced Administrative Assistant for the anticipated USAID-funded Peace through Evaluation, Learning and Adaptation II (PELA II) Activity. This activity is designed to enhance USAID’s effectiveness in preventing and countering violent extremism, peacebuilding, and strengthening democracy, human rights, and good governance by strengthening the Mission’s implementation of programs; coordination of its activities; learning from its experiences; and serving as an information, communication, and thought leader regarding peace promotion and countering violent extremism in the West Africa region.
Panagora Group is a small business providing novel and integrated solutions in global health and international development. Our goal is to provide innovative solutions that build national capacity and promote sustainability through robust local participation and capacity building, utilizing highly integrated and private sector solutions. Throughout our work, we embrace a virtuous circle of knowledge stewardship, collaborative learning, and application of evidence to heighten and accelerate positive health and development outcomes.
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for all general office tasks, logistics, and administrative duties. The Administrative Assistant’s support will enable the PELA II team to be prepared and focused on achieving the activity’s goals.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Provide administrative and logistical support for contract activities
- Ensure that Panagora’s and USAID’s policies and procedures are followed, conferring with the director of finance and administration, chief of party, and Panagora’s home office as necessary
- Manage the PELA II schedule/calendar, make travel arrangements, establish internal administrative and reporting systems, and effectively handle administrative problems and inquiries as appropriate
- Serve as primary point of contact and liaison with project staff on office administrative and accounting procedures and as liaison with external vendors and suppliers
- Establish and maintain hard and soft copy project files and record keeping systems in compliance with USAID’s regulations and Panagora’s procedures. Maintain accurate documentation for supply orders and receipts for payments
- Establish monitoring and tracking systems for project budget, expenditures, approvals and inventory
- Order and maintain office supplies within budget
- Maintain accurate inventory of office equipment, furniture, software, and accessories
- Coordinate with IT support to ensure that computer equipment is operational including Internet access, email, electronic filing and retrieval system, etc.
- Coordinate with HR support and manage the onboarding of new hires including benefits administration and the exit of departing of project employees
- Ensure office visitors are welcomed in person or on the telephone and inquiries are answered or referred properly
- Maintain office security by following safety procedures, monitoring visitors’ logbook and knowing visitors’ whereabouts
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with 2-3 years of experience in the administrative field
- Demonstrated knowledge of office administrative procedures within a USAID project office preferable
- Excellent time management and communication skill
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Working knowledge of MS Office and office equipment
- Ability to meet deadlines, multi-task and adapt to frequently changing priorities
- Local nationals and those with extensive work experience in West Africa, including Niger, Chad, Cameroon, and Burkina Faso are strongly encouraged to apply
- Strong oral and written proficiency in English and in French
To Apply: Fill out the online application. Please include a cover letter and resume. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted. Only applicants who include the required application components will be considered.
Panagora Group is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
How To Apply
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website: Click Here
Closing Date: 18th July. 2022