Mennonite Economic Development Associates (MEDA) invites applications for an Administrative Officer to join our dedicated and talented team in Ghana on our mission to create business solutions to poverty!
MEDA’s work is built on a foundation of Mennonite business roots and faith-based values, within the global context of the UN Sustainable Development Goals. We believe business solutions are effective interventions to address poverty. Through a market-systems approach and strategic partnerships, MEDA enables access to finance and provides business and technical expertise to build transformative agri-food market systems that create decent jobs, allowing traditionally excluded groups to become active participants in a sustainable economy. MEDA welcomes all who share our values and want to join us in our mission. To find out more about MEDA, please visit our website at www.meda.org.
Global Affairs Canada has provided funding support to MEDA for the Greater Rural Opportunities for Women 2 (GROW2) project. The GROW2 project is women-focused, driven by a strong market system approach, and fully integrates Gender Equality, Social Inclusion, Environmental Sustainability, Human Rights, Nutrition, and Innovation in its implementation. The Project will increase the economic and social empowerment of women farmers, entrepreneurs, and agribusinesses in the Northern, Savannah, and Upper West Regions of Ghana through increased productivity, and an improved business environment.
The Administrative Officer provides administrative support services for the daily operations of the GROW2 project’s Human Resource and Administrative function as well as supports the senior management team and project staff towards achieving the project’s goal of economic and social empowerment of smallholder women farmers, entrepreneurs, and agribusinesses in Northern Ghana.
He/she will provide day-to-day administrative support for the project, as well as develop and update informational material, conduct research, support budget, and contract management activities, serve as the initial point of contact for GROW2, and other activities as required. This position will report to the Human Resource and Administration Manager.
- Job Status: Full-time Contract
- Anticipated Start Date: July 2022
- Location: Tamale or Wa, Ghana
- Support the Human Resource and Administration Manager in recruitment activities (advertising job postings and consultancies, scheduling interviews, filing applications, and others).
- Effectively manage issues related to travel schedules, office needs, and other issues/items as assigned; ensuring the needs of the organization and staff are met.
- Maintain accurate inventory of project assets and resources.
- Coordinate logistical and meeting needs for training events, Project Steering Committee meetings, and other events in areas such as venue selection, invitation list management, audio-visual requirements, catering, material distribution, and others.
- Take minutes at meetings and other events as required.
- Support with procurement of goods and services.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for external inquiries.
- Draft correspondence including letters, visa invitations, and other documents as required.
- Support the organization of country visits by MEDA HQ staff, donors, and other stakeholders, including drafting itineraries, and arranging for in-country travel, accommodation, site visits, and other activities as required.
- Provision of other support to the senior management team as required
Any other duties and/or requirements as assigned
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or other relevant fields
Experience: At least 3 years prior work experience in an administrative, procurement or human resource role desirable
- Appreciation and support of MEDA’s faith, vision, and values
- Understanding and appreciation of business principles, international development and MEDA’s approach of creating business solutions to poverty
- Excellent computer skills and good knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, and related software
- Flexible, organized and detail-oriented, with an ability to prioritize multiple assignments and react quickly to changes
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and local language
- Experience organizing conferences and meetings, making domestic and international travel arrangements preferred
- Self-starter with confidence and commitment to professional delivery;
- Ability to work unsupervised and take ownership of queries/issues, bringing them to a successful conclusion
How To Apply
Interested persons should send in their applications on the companies website: Click Here To Apply
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Monday, June 6, 2022 5:00pm GMT.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis when received. All employment decisions are made on the basis of qualifications and organizational needs.
Only successful applicants will be contacted.
Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
MEDA is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to creating an inclusive and diverse environment of mutual respect. Reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities are available during all phases of the recruitment process. We ask that any applicants requiring such accommodation make their needs known in advance.