Job Position: Agronomist (Head of Nursery)
- Overseeing and improving the daily functions of the nursery.
- Opening the nursery in the morning and closing at the end of the business day.
- Hiring and training nursery staff increase staff improvement management technical capabilities to use the most effective techniques to improve post nursery losses.
- Creating staff work rosters and delegating duties and responsibilities per the management nursery implementations structures.
- Ordering and maintaining nursery stock including soil, stones, the entire nursery chemicals, seeds and other needed nursery equipment for proper mechanizations, planting including water management in collaborations with his superintendent and departmental team.
- Growing all kinds of Crops and Vegetable plants, use them as stock.
- Monitoring and Improving the Nursery Dam Irrigations systems, soil conditions, and plant positions.
- Monitoring weather conditions and paying special attention to the climate to temperatures.
- Creating attractive garden and plant displays.
- Responding to the company as its clients demand requests and assisting the nursery management to meet all the requirements of the project.
Qualification Required & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in agricultural studies, vegetables especially in crops such as Tomatoes, Onion Cabbage and Pepper or a similar field.
- 5+ Years’ experience working as a nursery manager.
Functional Skills and Knowledge
- Excellent communication and managerial skills.
- Professional and friendly demeanor.
- Detailed knowledge of plant production, soil, fertilizers, and growing techniques.
- Experience with hiring and training staff.
- Ability to create work rosters and delegate duties.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a passion for customer service.
- Responsible and punctual.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should send ONLY CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 26th, January 2022