The American Bureau of Shipping (ABS) is hiring the service of an Administrative Assistant.
ABS and its affiliated companies are global leaders in marine and offshore classification and other innovative safety, quality, and environmental services focused on the marine, energy, and government sectors. With more than 5,000 personnel globally, ABS and the ABS affiliated companies offer a dynamic work environment and multiple avenues for career growth. Since its founding in 1862, ABS has been committed to setting standards for safety and excellence as one of the world’s leading ship classification organizations.
The incumbent will be responsible for providing basic confidential, secretarial, administrative, and clerical support, including assistance to department staff.
What You Will Do:
- Utilizes various systems for tasks such as accounts receivable tracking, billing and record keeping.
- Ensures proper billing processes are followed and accurate records are kept of department activities.
- Performs clerical duties such a word processing, mail distribution, filing, record keeping and faxing.
- May assist in the planning of events and seminars
What You Will Need:
Education & Experience
- High (Primary) School diploma or equivalent
- 0‒2 years of previous related experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong MS Office experience, such as word processing and spreadsheet creation
- Proficient clerical skills such as file maintenance, record keeping, and office equipment use.
- Excellent arithmetic abilities.
- Good interpersonal, professional and communications skills for use in person, writing and in telephone conversations.
- Ability to become familiar with the ABS Health, Safety, Quality and Environmental Management System.
Reports directly to a department Manager, Supervisor or above.
How To Apply
If you are interested in applying for this position, please upload your CV and complete the online application. CLICK HERE TO APPLY
Deadline: 6th July 2022
This job description is not intended, and should not be construed, to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job of the incumbent. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the principal job elements essential for making a fair decision regarding the pay structure of the job.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.