AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited, Obuasi Gold Mine is currently near completion of the redevelopment phase to become a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation has been fully mechanized and designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as Automation & Instrumentation Engineer.
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
The Automation and Instrumentation Engineer reports to the Senior C & I Engineer, and is accountable for overseeing tasked plant instrumentation, controls, communications installation, commissioning, and handover to Operations in a safe and compliant manner with respect to works on the Obuasi Mine Phase 3 Project.
- Work compliantly with the requirement of government of Ghana agencies, environmental, health and safety legislation and AGAG regulations.
- Accept personal responsibility for health and safety and that of every mine worker by his/her work. Also having a duty of care for themselves and others in a working environment.
- Adhere to the site’s environmental management plan.
- Report to the Senior C & I Engineer for the purposes of assisting in safety, works in progress and completions.
- Be aware of schedule requirements and be able to report early any constraints that may arise during the course of the project.
- Oversee pre-calibration checks of all instrumentation and control valves including motorized valves.
- Oversee the Factory Acceptance Test (FAT) and Site Acceptance Test (SAT) of all remote I/O panels and network switches.
- Oversee the FAT and SAT of MCC Switchgear including DOL and VS drives.
- Oversee the installation of instrumentation, associated control, networking and cabling systems to a high standard with respect to standard hookup drawings, functionality and durability (mechanical and corrosion sturdiness) as per AGAG’s standards and specifications.
- Oversee the installation, commissioning and handover of instrumentation, associated control, networking and cabling systems to also comply to the requirements of AGAG’s Quality Assurance and Quality Control
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Engineering Degree in Electrical/Instrumentation or Electronics or Equivalent
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in control systems in the mining construction industry for process control, materials handling, electro-hydraulic systems, Refrigeration, Ventilation, Compressors.
- Works on Allen Bradley PlantPax ® for PLC/SCADA, and Studio 5000® applications or equivalent (preferable and no limited to).
- Works with Fire systems and process CCTV
Familiarity with Ghana Minerals and Mining (Health Safety and Technical) Regulations.
- Must possess relevant certificate of competency from Minerals Commission of Ghana
- Understand and implement Automation and Instrumentation standards with regard to AGAG mining specifications.
- Have a strong understanding of Piping and Instrumentation drawings.
- Have a strong understanding of electrical drawings including loop drawings, termination drawings, schematics, single line drawings.
- Be familiar with vendor documentation associated with mining equipment and mining Infrastructure.
- Have an understanding of the overall control and network distribution for materials handling for underground, surface and mining infrastructure.
- Be familiar with using Microsoft Office tools for the purpose of reporting and understanding data.
- Be able to participate in setting up testing programs with regard to A & I equipment Testing.
- Be able to participate in setting up calibration procedures for Equipment prior to installation.
- Be familiar with interfacing vendor equipment into the mine Process Control Network environment
- Help build and sustain a team capable of producing good quality work in a timely manner.
- Continuously improve processes used by the team
- Model work behaviors for the team consistent with company values
- Proven ability to initiate, drive, motivate and support the construction project team to deliver the project goals
- Finding innovative solutions through creative thinking and problem solving
- Be part of an environment of teamwork and willingness to help others
- Able to work with others from all different disciplines
- Organizational skills keep tracking of personnel, schedules and progress.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested Ghanaians with the above qualification and experience should submit their applications, with detailed CV BY CLICKING HERE
CLOSING DATE: 24TH FEBRUARY, 2022.
BEWARE OF CONMEN! AGAG does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Security Department, Investigation Unit, by calling +233556582933 or 0322296755 (rates apply) or use our whistle-blowing channels by sending an SMS to +27 73 573 8075 (SMS rates apply) or emailing email@example.com or use the internet at www.tip-offs.com