AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited, Obuasi Gold Mine is currently near completion of the redevelopment phase to become a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation has been fully mechanized and designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as PLC & SCADA Programmer.
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
The PLC Programmer is accountable for programing, testing and commissioning tasked plant Instrumentation, controls systems, Communications installation, and handover to Operations in a safe and compliant manner with respect to works on the Obuasi Mine Phase 3 Project
- Work compliantly with the requirement of government of Ghana agencies, environmental, health and safety legislation and AGAG regulation.
- Accept personal responsibility for health and safety and that of every mine worker by his/her work. Also having a Duty of Care for themselves and others in a working environment.
- Adhere to the site’s environmental management plan.
- Report to the Senior C & I Engineer for the purposes of assisting in safety, works in progress.
- Be aware of schedule requirements and able to report early any constraints that may arise during the project.
- Perform Factory Acceptance Test (FAT) and Site Acceptance Test (SAT) of all Remote I/O Panels, Network Switches from PLC end.
- Perform Factory Acceptance Test (FAT) and Site Acceptance Test (SAT) of MCC Switchgear including DOL and VS Drives from PLC end.
- Commission and handover instrumentation, associated control, networking and cabling systems to also comply to the requirements of AGAG’s Quality Assurance and Quality Control.
- Assist in maintaining safety and integrity of the Process Control Network
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
Engineering Degree in Electrical/Instrumentation or Electronics or equivalent.
- Minimum of three (3) years of development and commissioning on Allen Bradley PlantPax ® for PLC/SCADA, and Studio 5000® Applications or equivalent.
- Experience in working with Fire systems and process CCTV
- Familiarity with Ghana Minerals and Mining (Health Safety and Technical) Regulation.
- Experience in working on Allen Bradley Stratix Network switches and VLan configurations.
- Must possess relevant certificate of competency from Minerals Commission of Ghana
- Able to work within Allen Bradley PlantPax® and Studio 5000® Environments
- Understand and implement Automation and Instrumentation Standards with regard to AGAG Mining Specifications.
- Have a strong understanding of Piping and Instrumentation Drawings.
- Have a strong understanding of electrical drawings including Loop drawings, Termination drawings, Schematics, Single line drawings.
- Be familiar with vendor documentation associated with mining equipment and mining Infrastructure.
- Have an understanding of the overall control and network distribution for materials handling for Underground, Surface and Mining Infrastructure.
- Be familiar with using Microsoft Office tools for the purpose of reporting and understanding data.
- Be able to participate in setting up testing programs with regard to A & I Equipment FAT and SA Testing from the PLC end Point of view.
- Be familiar with interfacing vendor equipment into the mine Process Control Network environment.
- Have an understanding of the overall control and network distribution for materials handling for underground, surface and mining infrastructure.
- Be able to participate in setting up testing programs with regard to A & I Equipment FAT and SA Testing from the fiber optic and ethernet cables point of view.
- Be able to produce test sheets for all Networking cables tested.
- Be part a team capable of producing good quality work in a timely manner.
- Continuously improve processes used by the team
- Be part of a team with behaviors consistent with company values
- Participate to initiate, drive, motivate and support the construction project team to deliver the project goals
- Finding innovative solutions through creative thinking and problem solving
- Be part of an environment of teamwork and willingness to help others
- Able to work with others from all different disciplines
- Organizational skills with focus on schedules, and progress.
How To Apply
Interested Ghanaians with the above qualification and experience should submit their applications, with detailed CV BY CLICKING HERE
CLOSING DATE: 24TH FEBRUARY, 2022.
BEWARE OF CONMEN! AGAG does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Security Department, Investigation Unit, by calling +233556582933 or 0322296755 (rates apply) or use our whistle-blowing channels by sending an SMS to +27 73 573 8075 (SMS rates apply) or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or use the internet at www.tip-offs.com