You will assist in producing and putting news to air. Assigns stories to producers. Checks copy, video and all segments of the bulletins. You will have excellent writing and video editing skills. You will liaise with the Newsdesk, correspondents, producers and presenters.
- Assist in production of accurate, balanced, well produced, viewer focused news programs.
- Ensure content and coverage is consistent with Aljazeera standards and goals.
- Originate and develop news and strands.
- Read news wires, other news services, and news from network feeds for potential stories.
- Gather leads for possible stories from reporters, news bureaus and in-house journalists.
- Screen the reports received from the reporters and review packages and make changes or adjustments if needed.
- Prepare the straps for stories in the news bulletins.
- Coordinate with the interview producers on scheduled guests.
- Coordinate with the presenters, technical director and studio crew to ensure the proper implementation of production plans and time schedules.
- Minimum Bachelor Degree in Journalism, Media, Communication or other related fields
- Minimum 3 years of professional experience in writing and producing in a newsroom as a journalist
- Must be a very good writer, copy editor
How To Apply
Interested persons should submit their applications via the company’s website: CLICK HERE TO APPLY