The West African Examinations Council, a non-profit-making organization, with its headquarters in Accra, Ghana, was established in 1952 after the Governments of Ghana (then Gold Coast), Nigeria, Sierra Leone, and The Gambia enacted the West African Examinations Council Ordinances in 1951.
Liberia became the fifth member of the Council in 1974. The enactment of the Ordinances was based on the Jeffrey Report, which strongly supported the proposal for the setting up of a regional examining board to harmonize and standardize pre-university assessment procedures in British West Africa.
ASSISTANT REGISTRAR II AT WAEC
The West African Examinations Council invites applications from qualified persons to fill the under-mentioned vacant positions in the Ghana National Office.
POSITION: ASSISTANT REGISTRAR II
- Geography & Tourism
- Information & Communication Technology
- Business Management
- Secretaryship and Management Studies
- Home Economics
- Visual Art
- Special Education
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Successful applicants will be assigned duties in the Test Development or Test Administration Division.
Applicants should possess:
- First Degree from a recognized University (Minimum, Second Class Lower) in the relevant discipline. A certification in Braille/Master’s Degree in Educational Measurement and Evaluation will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of WASSCE/GCE “O” Level Examination Certificate or their equivalents with credits in five subjects including English Language and Mathematics, at ONE (1) sitting.
- WASSCE/GCE “O” Level Examination Certificate with credits in six subjects, including English Language and Mathematics, at not more than TWO (2) sittings.
Applicants must have at least three (3) years of relevant post-qualification teaching experience in a reputable institution.
- Result-oriented and with unquestionable integrity, confidentiality, and reliability
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Team player with the ability to build and maintain credible working relationships
- Be computer literate with typing skills
- Good leadership ability
- Great organizational and decision-making skills.
Applicants must not be more than forty (40) years old at the time of applying.
HOW TO APPLY
CLOSING DATE: January 24, 2022