The Forum for Agricultural Research in Africa (FARA) is the apex continental organization mandated to coordinate agricultural research and innovation in Africa and advocate for its effective deployment as a driver for African agricultural growth. FARA also serves as the technical arm of the Africa Union Commission (AUC) and the NEPAD Planning and Coordinating Agency (NPCA) on matters concerning science, technology, and innovation for agriculture.
The mission of FARA is to contribute to generating high, broad-based, and sustainable agricultural growth by catalyzing improvements to the productivity and competitiveness of the sector through increased and effective application of Science, Technology, and Innovation (STI).
FARA executes its mission by performing the following functions within the context of supporting the implementation of the Science Agenda for Agriculture in Africa:
- Advocacy for increased application of STI in agriculture which is a necessary condition for achieving national and continental agricultural development goals;
- Strengthening the human, institutional and systemic capacities for agricultural innovation;
- Facilitating the exchange of information and knowledge in STI for agriculture; and
- Facilitating partnerships among research, innovation and agribusiness actors within Africa as well as between Africa and external regional or national entities.
POSITION: REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS (Provision of various training programmes to FARA Staff)
|Technical Services:||Provision of various training programmes to FARA Staff|
|Name of Project:||CAADP-XP4|
|Date:||Monday, 21st February 2022|
|Submission Deadline||Tuesday, 8th March 2022|
- The human resources of FARA comprise the primary asset the organization relies upon to perform its mandate. The management of these resources and specifically the attraction, retention, motivation, and maximization of the productivity of high calibre employees is a critical function of the Secretariat. Therefore, a core objective of the Secretariat’s Human Resource Management function is to enhance the skills and capabilities of the personnel to ensure delivery through the provision of various training programmes for its staff.
- The central objective of this activity is to conduct various training programmes for FARA secretariat staff in Leadership & Management; Advanced Microsoft Excel and Word, Internet Security; Partnership Management and Negotiation Skills; and Corporate Communication and Media Engagement.
- This request for proposals aims at engaging consulting firms and individuals to carry out the following function.
|No||Training Programme||Expected Commencement Date||Duration of Assignment|
|1||Training of FARA Staff on Advanced Microsoft Excel and Word||End of March||10 man-days|
|2||Training of FARA Staff on Internet Security||second week in April||3 man- days|
|3||Training of Staff in Leadership & Management||second week in June||5 man-days|
|4||Training of FARA Staff on Partnership Management and Negotiation Skills||second week in August||5 man-days|
|5||Training of FARA Staff on Corporate Communication and Media Engagement||second week in October||5 man-days|
Required Skills or Experience
Interested Firms/individuals shall provide information on their qualifications and experience demonstrating their ability to provide the services (proposed methodologies, supporting documentation, reference for similar services, experience in comparable assignments, availability, and CVs of qualified staff, etc).
The detailed terms of references are in the link below:
- The Executive Director of FARA invites interested firms/individuals to submit proposals in carrying out these assignments.
- Interested Firms/individuals shall provide information on their qualifications and experience demonstrating their ability to provide the services (proposed methodologies, supporting documentation, reference for similar services, experience in comparable assignments, availability, and CVs of qualified staff, etc). Interested Firms/individuals should provide a detailed financial proposal with budget lines and resources for activities to be performed.
- The anticipated periods of performance for these assignments are indicated in the table above.
- The firms/Individuals shall be selected based on procedures defined in the Procurement Guidelines of FARA and the requirements stated in the respective TORs. Proposals will be evaluated and contract awarded to the most respective firm or individual per training programme.
- Interested firms or Individuals may obtain further information from the HR and Administration Manager,
- Ms Ama Pokuah Asenso firstname.lastname@example.org, and copy the Procurement Expert, Mr. Callistus Achaab email@example.com, during the following hours: 9h00 to 15h00 GMT.
HOW TO APPLY
Please download the Terms of References below for further information on this opportunity.
9. Proposals should be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org and addressed to
Dr. Yemi Akinbamijo, Executive Director of FARA,
No 7 Flower Avenue,
New Achimota, Mile 7, Accra, Ghana
CLOSING DATE: No later than Tuesday, 8th March 2022, at 16h00 GMT.
FARA Affirmative Action Statement on Recruitment: there is no discrimination based on gender race, religion, ethnic orientation, disability, or health status.