Position: Director, Investigations and Law Enforcement Development
This position is based in Accra, Ghana and reports to the Director, Lake Operations.
Attain Justice System Transformation
- Partner effectively with local law enforcement and other Ghanaian government authorities to ensure effective rescue and restoration of victims and prosecution of perpetrators.
- Contribute to the design and successful implementation of a cooperative plan to transform key pillars of the Ghanaian public justice system;
- Develop the political will, endorsement, and resources from key government and non-government partners, stakeholders and donors for the implementation of a cooperative plan to strengthen the Ghana justice system;
- Contribute to the implementation of systems and processes for effective monitoring, evaluation and reporting of IJM’s work to combat human trafficking; and
- Effectively represent and leverage IJM Ghana’s work and experience with key constituents and stakeholders.
Achieve Collaborative Casework Objectives
- Lead, consult, or manage IJM-assisted investigations and interventions to ensure that victims are protected from violent abuse and that perpetrators of such abuse are held accountable under the law;
- Build relationships of mutual trust and benefit with key government and non-government actors to ensure holistic care and protection of IJM clients consistent with the law and best practices;
- Design, implement, monitor and evaluate strategies and best practices for effective IJM-assisted investigations and interventions on behalf of victims; and
- Design and implement rigorous systems for effective monitoring, evaluation and reporting of IJM Ghana’s collaborative casework activities and programming.
Ensure Effective Management and Stewardship of IJM Resources
- Contribute to the development of the office’s strategic plans and budgets;
- Ensure spending of allocated funds in accordance with IJM’s budgetary and stewardship principles;
- Ensure compliance with all relevant laws, IJM policies and best practices;
- Develop and/or implement investigative protocols that are consistent with the IJM’s regional framework;
- Complete internal investigations as assigned by the Country Director or Regional President;
- Develop and manage a network of operatives and informants who can provide specific, credible information regarding cases of forced labor trafficking;
- Maintain detailed records of the office’s investigative work;
- Ensure the safety and security of IJM’s operations, reporting to the Country Director on security matters as they develop;
- Maintain confidentiality of privileged and sensitive information; and
- Carry out other additional assignments given by the Country Director.
Develop National Leaders
- Recruit, train and lead a highly effective, resilient and cohesive investigative team consisting of IJM investigators, interns and volunteers;
- Serve as a model of servant leadership for IJM staff;
- Develop, monitor and evaluate concrete performance and leadership development objectives for IJM staff; and
- Provide regular feedback and evaluation to IJM staff regarding their performance and leadership development.
- This position requires full-time residence in Accra, Ghana; and
- This position requires regular travel to provinces in and around Lake Volta, and sporadic travel to Middle Eastern countries and the United States.
Required Skills And Experience
- Minimum of five years’ experience in criminal investigation with a public law enforcement agency;
- Minimum of three years successful management/team building experience;
- Proven ability to work undercover or supervise undercover operations;
- Experience in problem solving and strategic planning.
- Experience establishing, developing and training operative networks;
- Demonstrated interest in human rights and social justice;
- Some exposure to overseas humanitarian work experience preferred; and
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Mature orthodox Christian faith as defined by the Apostles’ Creed;
- Attention to detail and disciplined with priorities;
- Strong service ethic and a passion for IJM’s goals;
- Courageous, confident, humble servant leader;
- Sound, disciplined judgment and problem solving;
- Rigorously results-oriented;
- Resilient, persevering in joy through challenge and failure;
- Able to achieve challenging goals in a cross-cultural setting;
- Diplomatic and flexible;
- Professional in demeanor and written and oral communication; and
- Effective team player.
How To Apply
To apply for this position, submit your CV and Application on Company Website: Click Here
Closing Date: 25th March. 2022