Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology is a business area within the Sandvik Group and a leading global supplier of equipment and tools, service and technical solutions for the mining industry including rock drilling, rock cutting, rock crushing, loading and hauling and materials handling.
The Toolroom Keeper will be responsible for maintaining the condition, security and records in the tool room. Issue tools, equipment and materials to technicians and take records. Maintain cordial working relationships with technicians and assist them in carrying out general mechanical duties including maintenance and repair of all Sandvik equipment and components to the right standards
Position: Toolroom Keeper
Key Responsibilities Include
- Maintain up to date records of all Workshop tools and equipment
- Issue and maintain records of Workshop tools, equipment and consumables
- Take inventory of workshop tools, equipment and consumables monthly
- Write up requisitions for tools replacement and workshop consumables replenishment
- Receive workshop consumables and store them in designated storage areas
- Clean, paint and lubricate workshop tools and equipment when required
- Request for external repairs on equipment when required
- Train attachment trainees on tools selection
- Assist in the maintenance of equipment when required
- Spray rebuilt components
- Responsible for safe work environment by contributing to job safety analysis,
- Take an active part in continuous improvement initiatives and projects
- Work towards achieving set workshop KPI’s
- Maintain housekeeping standards – 5S
- Adhere to all SMR Policies and Procedures, especially SHEQ policies
- Fulfil SHEQ responsibilities as may be assigned
- Other duties as assigned
- Recognized technical qualification or diploma in mechanical or electrical disciplines with 5 years industry related experience
- Knowledge of names, uses, operation and maintenance of tools and equipment used in Workshops
- Experience in heavy-duty equipment.
- Knowledge of drills and loaders and related components is an advantage
- Basic level of computer (MS Word and Excel)
- Excellent understanding of the English language.
- Basic knowledge and application of 5S.
How To Apply
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website: Click Here
Closing Date: 8th April. 2022