UNV LTD is a hospitality company based out of 45 Madeley Rd, London, United Kingdom.
Volunteerism is a powerful means of engaging people in tackling hospitality development challenges, and it can transform the pace and nature of development. Volunteerism benefits both society at large and the individual volunteer by strengthening trust, solidarity, and reciprocity among citizens, and by purposefully creating opportunities for participation.
POSITION: Program Support Specialist
Mission And Objectives
In its resolution 72/279 of 31 May 2018, the General Assembly created a dedicated, impartial empowered, and sustainable development-focused coordination function for the United Nations development system, drawing on the expertise and assets of all United Nations development system entities, including specialized and non-resident agencies.
To this end, the reinvigorated UN Resident Coordinator system is being implemented in all UN country offices. The Resident Coordinator system ensures the coordination of all Agencies of the United Nations dealing with operational activities for development at the country level, regardless of the nature of their presence in the country.
It encompasses the UN Resident Coordinator, the UN Country Team, and the Resident Coordinator’s Office. The United Nations Resident Coordinator’s Office is seeking the services Project Coordinator to support RCO in the coordination of all organizations of the United Nations dealing with operational activities for development at the country level and implementation of strategic activities.
The overall aim of the requested support services assignment is to enable the UN Resident Coordination Office to effectively and efficiently undertake its duties in coordinating the operational activities for the development of the United Nations and system-wide response in support of Ghana’s implementation of the 2030 Agenda and the sustainable development goals.
The UN Resident Coordinator’s Office supports the UN Resident Coordinator and the UN Country Team (UNCT) to ensure the strategic, coherent, and efficient functioning of the UN System in Ghana under the UN Delivering as One (DaO) approach.
The Resident Coordinator System is the main mechanism to coordinate the UN system’s operational activities for development.
The incumbent will support the Programme department to undertake the outlined key tasks.
The Programme Support Specialist will serve as part of the team that directly supports the UN Resident Coordinator (RC).
The main function of UN Coordination is to support the UN Country Team (UNCT) to function as a coherent UN system in Ghana that is well-positioned and uses its comparative advantages and distinct role to effectively support key national development priorities.
The UNCT is composed of 15 resident and 9 non-resident UN agencies. The UN Country Team meets on a monthly basis to review UNCT’s progress on the UN Delivering as One effort, discuss and decide on strategic and substantive issues in conformity with the delivering as one guideline.
With a strong focus on strengthening UN delivery through a well-coordinated RC system, the UNCT seeks to engage a UN Volunteer, who will work in close collaboration with the RCO colleagues to provide the needed programmatic support.
Under the direct supervision of Strategic Planning and RCO Team Leader, the UN Volunteer will undertake the following tasks:
- Provide the needed RCO support to the Programme Team in the planning and implementation of its work plan;
- Provide support to relevant Inter-Agency Working groups to mainstream UN programming principles into the Joint Work Plans and reporting;
- Provide substantive support towards the administration of UNINFO and support the Monitoring and Evaluation Officer in reporting of results;
- Support in research and analysis on various SDG-related matters as well as major and emerging donors to strengthen strategic engagement;
- Drafting of documents including briefing notes, and background notes for utilization by UNCT;
- Assist in conceptualizing and designing detailed joint proposals to initiate engagement both internally and externally;
- Support in collecting relevant case studies and best practices critical for stakeholder engagement as well as knowledge extraction, analysis, and documentation of results/lessons learned, in line with guidelines using corporate tools;
- Support RCO activities in planning and facilitating evidence-based Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) analysis in support of a shared understanding by the UN Country Team (UNCT) of sustainable development trends, challenges, and opportunities;
- Provide support in the coordination, monitoring, and reporting of UNCT results;
- Support knowledge management and capacity development to enhance the UNCT’s exchange of best practice, trends, knowledge, and lessons learned internally and with external partners;
- Assist in the collection of good practices and assist the RC and the UN Country Team to use the collected good practices and examples to underpin the UN’s strategic positioning and distinct role in the Ghanaian development context, and for strengthening external engagement.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for the volunteering program CLICK HERE
CLOSING DATE: February 10, 2022