CARE International in Ghana is seeking a talented, motivated and innovative Gender Specialist – Generating Revenues & Opportunities for Women to Improve Nutrition in Ghana (GROWING) project.
The GROWING project is part of a consortium led by the International Potato Centre and in collaboration with Ghana Health Service, the Women in Agriculture Development Directorate and District Directorates of Agriculture. The project is funded by Global Affairs Canada and will run for 4.5 years starting from March 2022.
We are committed to advancing gender equality and diversity in the workplace and to growing our pool of young talent.
The Project Gender Specialist (GS) has responsibility for the quality of gender integration in the project and will recommend adjustments to project activities, systems, processes, and strategies in order to align with CARE’s gender equality and women’s voice standards and donor requirements.
S/He is directly responsible for the design of interventions that support creating an enabling environment, including gender norms and roles, so that key gender inequities are addressed and more appropriate practices initiated to ensure more equitable outcomes for women, men, girls and boys.
S/He ensures that the GROWING Project integrates gender themes throughout its intervention activities, partnership approach, M&E systems, and documentation.
The Gender Specialist will report directly to the GROWING Project Manager; and will be based in the Tamale Sub-office and covers project implementation in six project districts in Northern, North East and Savannah Regions.
Some Key Responsibilities for this role:
- Develop the Scope of Work for the gender analysis at project start-up, including consultant TOR(s) (if/as appropriate) and project staff participation.
- Manage primary data collection activities such as conducting interviews, leading focus groups, or conducting surveys.
- Develop a gender strategy for the project that articulates the systems and processes necessary for continuous review and improvement of activities in alignment with CARE’s commitment to gender equality.
- Provide capacity building, coaching and mentoring of staff and local partners
- Technical training on gender integration and project-specific issues/approaches
- Gender-sensitive monitoring and evaluation
- Support the design of M&E tools for gender indicators and monitoring for negative impacts and program risks
Required Skills And Experience
- Good knowledge in conducting gender analysis and using the
results for planning.
- At least 3-5 years’ experience in implementing gender transformative/women empowerment programming in the
agriculture/food security sector.
- Training and experience in gender/women empowerment
- Experience in designing and implementing highly effective and
efficient genders transformative programming
- Demonstrated experience providing technical and programmatic support in gender
- Proven strong facilitation and capacity development skills and
experience in participatory approaches
- Social skills, inclusive leadership skills, creativity and innovative mindset
- Good understanding of socioeconomic; socio-cultural issues
in Northern Ghana
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver
- Excellent writing, presentation, and reporting skills
- Computer skills including MS Word, MS excel and PowerPoint.
Ability to manage partnerships and relationships with peer organisations
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject (Gender,
Development Studies, Social Science) “or equivalent
combination of education and work experience
- Master’s Degree in any of the above relevant fields
How To Apply
Submit your application (CV and cover letter) via email to: email@example.com with “Project Manager Application” in the
Closing Date: 21st July, 2022