We are looking for a chief agronomist to investigate and implement solutions for our growers in the food production and farming industry. In this role, you will examine, research, and solve problems related to crop management, output, and quality. You will also develop tailored agronomic approaches and oversee interventions on behalf of the company.
To be a successful agronomist, you should be focused on developing and promoting better farming practices. A top-notch agronomist should be self-motivated, detail-oriented, and analytical with excellent listening, communication, and problem-solving skills.
- Supervise development of planting, cultivation, and harvesting techniques, improving crop yield, and solving problems for Complete Farmer to meet market specifications.
- Researching and promoting agricultural strategies to counter the effects of changes in soil, climate, weather, and pest damage.
- Supervise the testing of samples for nutritional deficiencies, diseases, or other changes.
- Assisting with the development of cultivation plans and crop procurement systems.
- Analyze detailed records regarding fields, growers, crops, and samples to develop research strategies.
- Generating reports and presenting findings to management, clients, or other interested parties.
- Conducting training on products and techniques through educational presentations for agronomic staff.
- Leading the agronomic development within the company.
- Visiting site operations to oversee facility production processes, identify opportunities for improvement and oversee testing of samples for deficiencies, diseases, or other changes.
- Assist with the plant selection process, budgets, timelines, and distribution needs.
- Manage a team of field and research agronomists while conducting field visits or laboratory work.
- Work with academia on Research and development projects, and around predictive analytics and data for optimal production.
- Work closely with the tech team to produce algorithms and protocols for the Complete Farmer platform
- Develop a crop production framework for growers on the Complete Farmer platform to ensure competitiveness in key crop value chains
- Responsible for the management of a team of agronomists and ensure that all agronomic functions within the organization are performed at high levels
- Ensure that all agronomic functions are in alignment with the operations strategy of the organization
- Work closely with sales team to ensure buyers specifications and certification requirements are met
- PhD in Agronomy or Agricultural Sciences and 5+ years of experience as an agronomist.
- Strong understanding of research methodologies.
- Additional certifications may be required.
- Valid driver’s license and willingness to travel.
- Ability to work outside, stand, walk, kneel, and stoop for extended periods.
- Proficiency with computers, especially MS Office and diagnostic scientific software.
- Exceptional active listening and verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong research, decision making, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Awareness of industry trends, technology, and developments.
- Sales and presentation skills.
- Knowledge of agri-food chain processes
- Organization and planning capabilities
- Management skills and commercial acumen
Mode of Application
Apply on our website or Send your application to email@example.com
Use “Chief Agronomist” as the subject of your email. Add a cover email to the body of your email and attach a cover letter.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.