The British Council builds connections, understanding and trust between people in the UK and other countries through arts and culture, education and the English language. We work in two ways – directly with individuals to transform their lives, and with governments and partners to make a bigger difference for the longer term, creating benefit for millions of people all over the world. We help young people to gain the skills, confidence and connections they are looking for to realise their potential and to participate in strong and inclusive communities. We support them to learn English, to get a high-quality education and to gain internationally recognised qualifications. Our work in arts and culture stimulates creative expression and exchange and nurtures creative enterprise. We connect the best of the UK with the world and the best of the world with the UK. These connections lead to an understanding of each other’s strengths and of the challenges and values that we share. This builds trust between people in the UK and other nations which endures even when official relations may be strained. We work on the ground in more than 100 countries. In 2019-20 we connected with 80 million people directly and with 791 million overall, including online and through our broadcasts and publications.
The post holder will ensure effective and efficient delivery of Exams in Accra and remote exams office location. To handle confidential materials during the multiple exchanges in accordance with compliance standards.
Main accountabilities but not limited to the following:
The appointed candidate will have the following accountabilities, responsibilities and main duties:
- Receives instructions and requests from cluster operations, 5 days before Test Day and plans and organises given resources accordingly (often at short notice) to ensure that work is carried out efficiently and effectively
- Undertakes sorting and packing of exam materials to for designated test venues. Ensures exam materials are received at Test Centre and stored securely
- Supports tasks to reconcile exam materials and papers received are as per plan, report and escalate any discrepancies.
- Receives and responds to enquiries from/to customers and may be a specific point of reference on queries relating to an area of nominated expertise or responsibility. Identifies where more complex issues require resolution by others and refers them on accordingly
- Proactively works with Operations Manager to deliver satisfactory and timely resolution of customer (internal or external) complaints, coordinating input from other team members as required. Ensures the customer is kept informed throughout the process.
- Leads in providing support related to compliance or investigations on Test Day and related issues.
- Follows agreed corporate risk management processes and procedures when delivering services (e.g. child protection, security policies, financial protocols, anti-fraud measures) to protect the interests of the BRITISH COUNCIL and its customers at all times.
- Uses standard procedures and templates, regularly records, analyses and reports on operational activity such as venue staff performance to support senior managers in making timely and effective business decisions that respond to operational needs.
- Plans and prioritises own work activities, which span across a range of different work streams, responding to changing and at times competing requirements to ensure effective delivery of responsibilities over a weekly/monthly time horizon.
As with any business that experiences peaks and troughs of activity, there is likely to be a need to work outside office hours from time to time.
Role specific knowledge and experience:
The successful candidate will need to possess the following requirements:
- University degree in any subject or relevant qualification
- Experience working in a busy operational environment delivering high levels of customer service.
- Ability to ensure compliance, risk and security standards are monitored and maintained.
- Track record of working in a tightly controlled process driven environment
- Experience working in Exams
- Experience of supporting on delivery of computer based exams
How To Apply
If you are interested in applying for this position, please upload your CV and complete the online application. CLICK HERE TO APPLY
Closing Date – 1 July 2022