Newmont Mining Corporation is a leading global gold producer with key assets in Nevada, Peru, Australia, Ghana and Suriname.
Newmont’s Africa Operations holds two gold mining operations in Ghana: the Ahafo Mine located in the Brong-Ahafo region and the Akyem Mine located in the Eastern region. There is also near mine exploration and development focus in Ghana to annually replace gold reserves. Newmont Africa also has early-stage exploration programs in the African countries of Ethiopia and Morocco.
Our Africa operations employ approximately 5,900 employees and contractors, with the majority working at the Ahafo Mine. We offer an unparalleled blend of opportunity and career satisfaction with all the benefits you would expect from a global company. This, combined with our growth opportunities, makes Newmont a great company to work.
Our Akyem and Ahafo mines have made significant sustainable community development investments in our host communities. These include establishing Development Funds at our Akyem and Ahafo operational areas with each mine contributing US$1 per ounce of gold sold and 1% of net pre-tax annual profit into its community development fund.
The only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index, Newmont in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont’s industry leading performance is reflected through our Africa operations’ high standards in environmental management, health and safety for our workforce and creating value and opportunity for our employees, host communities and Newmont’s shareholders.
About This Role:
- The Control Room Advisor (CRA) is an integral part of the Processing Operational Support Network (OSN) and is responsible for improving operational consistency and performance across Newmont’s fixed plant control rooms.
- The incumbent is responsible for the identification of control system and/or process improvement opportunities through the development of key performance indicators (KPI’s), measuring individual and site performance against internal and external benchmarks.
- The incumbent shall collaborate and guide site personnel in conjunction with the Metallurgical Analysts and Process Control Engineering teams, to implement, embed and sustain the necessary change required to realize the full value of these improvements, escalating where consensus cannot be reached.
In This Role You Will:
- Monitor key site metrics to identify opportunities that improve operational performance.
- Collaborate with and guide site personnel to implement necessary changes required to realize the full value of operational performance improvements.
- Develop and maintain a library of operational performance improvements inclusive of current status, value delivery and potential for scalability.
- Accelerate rapid replication through peer interactions, formal knowledge sharing and participation in global Community of Practice forums.
- Support the Principal Advisor – Control Room Operations to define appropriate standards and develop global skills and competency framework for control room operations.
- Train, assess, mentor and coach site Control Room Operators on a regular basis to improve performance in accordance with the global skills and competency framework.
Your Training, Skills & Experience Checklist:
Formal Qualification (including Professional Registrations):
- A minimum of high school education (secondary college preferred).
- Certificate IV or Advanced Diploma in Process Plant Technology or equivalent (preferred).
- A minimum of 10 years’ operating experience across common gold processing unit operations including crushing, grinding, gravity separation, flotation, thickening, leaching, filtration, elution and residue disposal.
- A minimum of 5 years’ control room operator experience in the minerals processing industry.
- Demonstrate understanding of best practice in mineral processing plant operation as well as previous experience in the optimization of mineral processing plant operation is essential.
- Experience in coaching/training control room operations is highly regarded.
- Experience working in multi-cultural working environment is highly regarded.
- Demonstrate experience in using analytical tools to assess processing plant operational performance (e.g. PI vision, Process Historian, Excel tools, etc.).
- Sound commitment to safety and solid understanding of risk management processes.
- Sound understanding of gold processing plant unit operation, and process optimisation.
- Demonstrate working knowledge of SCADA and Distributed Control Systems.
- Demonstrate working knowledge of Advanced Process Control (SGS Advanced Systems, Metso OCS4-D, etc.).
- Demonstrate initiative with a focus towards identifying the process performance improvement opportunities.
- Ability to diagnose, understand and communicate complicated operational challenges and solutions.
- Assertive, self-motivated and able to build collaborative and productive professional relationships across sites and regions.
- Sound communication, negotiation and facilitation skills across organizational levels.
- Effective training and monitoring skills.
- Advance computer competency and experience in the use of applications including Microsoft Office, PI vision, SAP, CMS, etc.
- Bilingual in Spanish/English or French/English is essential for South and North American roles, respectively.
- Results driven.
- Safety conscious.
- Team player.
- The Control Room Advisor supports multiple sites and involves significant domestic and international travel.
- The role involves a combination of site and home / office work.
How To Apply
To apply for this position Please CLICK HERE
Deadline: 11th Feb. 2022
Our business success comes from the accomplishments and well-being of our employees and contractors. Our goal is to build a workplace culture that fosters leaders and allows every person to thrive, contribute, and grow. We are committed to selecting and developing our employees, and to establishing a work environment where everyone can take an active part in reaching our strategic goals while feeling a sense of pride in working at Newmont.
Newmont seeks to recruit, hire, place and promote qualified applicants, meaning applicants who meet the minimum requirements of the position, without regard to personal characteristics such as gender, race, nationality, ethnic, social and indigenous origin, religion or belief, disability, age or sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. As part of our diversity efforts. females are encouraged to apply.
NOTE: Newmont does not ask for or require job applicants to pay money to apply or be considered for employment with the Company. In addition, Newmont does not ask potential job candidates to provide sensitive personal data without first submitting a job application through our secure, online portal, and only as requested for legitimate business purposes. If you are asked to provide money or sensitive personal data through any other means, do not respond and please report this immediately to email@example.com.
Newmont strongly encourages all applicants to be fully vaccinated with the COVID-19 vaccine as soon as the vaccine is available to you as Newmont considers vaccination to be a vital tool in the fight against the pandemic. Proof of vaccination is required for entry to certain Newmont locations and for business travel, unless an exemption is required by law. Newmont may update its vaccination policies/requirements at any time in its sole discretion.