• The Controller, Fintech Risk is responsible for supporting a strong internal control environment through input into the development of policies and procedures, ensuring their implementation and monitoring compliance.
• The role will work to foster standardization and consistency across business processes and internal controls. The role supports Manager Ethics, Risk & Compliance in all activities pertaining to risk management, compliance, ethics management and business planning & disaster recovery.
• Evolving Fintech Industry
• Multi regulated and multidimensional stakeholder management
• Environmental, social and governance prioritized
• Partnerships and platform business concepts at the core of business ambition
• Ecosystem bridge between the “BI environment”, internal/external developers and MML.
• Convergence in markets and exploration of non-traditional revenue streams
• Agile ways of working
• Develop and recommend internal controls adequate for FinTech’s evolving risk landscape
• Ensure implementation, compliance & adherence to the standards, policies, guidelines & processes defined by Group Digi Fin Risk & Compliance team, and MTN Group Risk & Compliance team as applicable
• Define, implement, document, assess and monitor key internal controls in front of material risks
• Maintain appropriate level of communication on Internal Control matters to support the framework and ensure appropriate ownership and accountabilities from management and managers.
• Provide managers and management with the relevant Internal Control methodological support, operationalizing all FinTech compliance agendas/ relationships as well as helping to ensure compliance to internal processes and policies, applicable laws, and regulations
• Develop adequate training material on the risks/ internal control objectives, approach, and methodology
• Support in the management of the impact of potential changes driven by the regulators, industry, marketplace, and/or legal environment and assist in devising strategy to influence for embedding appropriate controls to mitigate the potential risks
• Work closely with Manager on all risk management, compliance, ethics management, fraud, BCP/DR related matters, ensuring regular controls for each of these are in place
• Assist and cooperate in audit programs to determine organizational vulnerabilities
• Ensure that control deficiencies are considered in the Risk Register and appropriate remediation plans are identified, agreed with process/control owners, tracked, and reported on
• Ensure an effective control framework is implemented and remains relevant & adequate through proactive responses and inputs to operational changes
• Establish a robust and comprehensive control and processes environment and ensure the continuous improvement through implementing Best Practices
• Deliver adequate and timely reporting on Internal Control framework and control deficiencies in line with requirements to ensure appropriate escalation and adequate action plans
• Assist in maintaining the information security of physical or information assets that they access, use, or manage as per the company policies
• Ensure consistency of Internal controls policy with MTN group Fintech requirements
Qualification Required & Experience
• Minimum of a University degree in Business Administration/Management, Finance, Accounting, Business Science, or related field.
• A risk management certification is an added advantage
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience in Risk & Compliance or related field is required
• Experience in Fintech, banking or Telecom is preferred
• Experience in process and financial control issues, compliance with regulatory requirements, and risk management and control improvement within a Fintech product environment
• Experience in Fraud Investigation, Risk Management and Audit, and Revenue Assurance and Fraud Management (RAFM)
• Understanding of Institute of Internal Auditors standards and COSO ERM and Internal Control Framework.
• Experience working in a global/multinational enterprise with a good understanding of emerging markets is preferred
Professional/ Technical competencies
• AML/ CTF laws knowledge
• Suspicious Transactions Analysis
• Risk Scenario Mapping
• Process Compliance
• Audit Sampling & Analysis
• Process management
• Business risk management
• Risk management techniques
• Transforming Value Chains
• Leakage detection and prevention
• Business Performance Measurement & Management
• Business Process Improvement
• Business Risk Management
• Finance and commercial acumen
How To Apply For The Job
Qualified applicants should indicate vacancy number Ref no: MTN-MML-ADTRACK17 as the email subject and ensure that CVs are saved in their names. Applications without the subject and CVs saved in their names will automatically be disqualified.
Interested and qualified applicants should send their Curriculum Vitae to:
Closing Date: 11 July, 2022
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.