An International NGO in the WASH sector is recruiting 2 Credit Officers for Tamale and Damango. Applicants MUST be based in Damango and Tamale.
- Team: Credit & Finance
- Reports to: Regional Credit Manager
- Start date: 1st February 2022
- Contract type: Contract for Service
- Contract end date: March 2023
- Service fees: GHC 1,000.00 – 1,400.00
Area of Operation
Specific work location and catchment areas with day or night working trips to nationwide operational offices.
General Definition of Job Role
Under the direction of the Head of Credit & Finance and direct supervision of the Regional Credit Manager, the Credit Officer plays a key role in supporting the Regional Credit Manager in credit delivery and management of the finance portfolio of the organisation.
The title holder is responsible for ensuring due diligence in evaluating instalment applications completed at sales pitches, ensuring all guidelines are met, and recommending approval or disapproval of such credit applications.
Also, the Credit Officer is responsible for ensuring timely payments by clients in their portfolio and following up on delinquent clients.
i. Reports directly to Regional Credit Manager.
ii. Work closely with the colleagues in other regions, Regional Credit Managers and Customers.
Key Functions and Responsibilities
- Travel to customer homes or workplaces to assess and complete the credit requests and all associated requirements
from prospective customers.
- Ensure customers understand the repayment schedule and follow-up on delinquent payments. b. Ensure customers understand payment terms and ways of making payments.
- Mitigate and manage customers’ attempt to cancel orders.
- Manage assigned customer accounts and report complaints.
- Manage client files, relationships, and lead in client acquisition.
- Suggest effective credit payment scheme for customers.
- Administer credit collections from customers.
- Maintain the corporate credit policy.
- Daily reconciliation of Mobile Money anomalies.
- Recommend changes in the credit policy to senior management via direct supervisor.
- Monitor the credit granting and updating process.
- Conduct periodic circularization of customers to confirm their balances due.
- Manage the application of late payments.
- Collecting, analyzing and compiling data and preparing reports.
- Ensure timely collection of monies due to the business.
- Weekly reporting of cash receipts/invoice adjustments.
- Proper recording and application of cash, management of outstanding invoices, and direct interfacing with customers
on collection matters and dispute resolution.
- Support Management by providing timely and accurate payment and account standing information.
- Any other tasks as may be assigned within your capacity.
Required Skills or Experience
- Degree in Business Administration (Accounting option), Accounting Economics, Sales, Mathematics, or other relevant
areas from a recognized university.
- Three (3) years’ work experience in a similar role. Previous credit administration and/or microfinance role is a plus.
- Understanding of basic credit principles and practices.
- Ability to collect data, analyze, compile and prepare reports.
- Ability to work under pressure while maintaining required performance standards.
- Ability to maintain accurate and up to date records of clients.
- Customer service experience.
- Must possess a high level of integrity.
- Experience in work planning, report writing and record keeping.
- Excellent spoken and written communication.
- Positive attitude with good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to Speak; Dagbani, Frafra, Kassena, Daagare, Gruni, Twi, Hausa, or any other languages from the three
northern regions of Ghana.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, and Excel are required; Experience with Salesforce is a plus.
- Holds a valid driving license and capable of riding a motorbike.
How To Apply
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria should send their applications and CVs with 2 current referees and relevant educational and NSS certificates to email@example.com on or before 12th January 2022.
Kindly indicate the job title and location of your choice as subject of the email (e.g. Credit Officer – Tamale) In view of the anticipated volume of applications to be received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the next phase of the recruitment process.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply!