The British Council builds connections, understanding and trust between people in the UK and other countries through arts and culture, education and the English language. We work in two ways – directly with individuals to transform their lives, and with governments and partners to make a bigger difference for the longer term, creating benefit for millions of people all over the world.
We help young people to gain the skills, confidence and connections they are looking for to realise their potential and to participate in strong and inclusive communities. We support them to learn English, to get a high-quality education and to gain internationally recognised qualifications. Our work in arts and culture stimulates creative expression and exchange and nurtures creative enterprise.
We connect the best of the UK with the world and the best of the world with the UK. These connections lead to an understanding of each other’s strengths and of the challenges and values that we share. This builds trust between people in the UK and other nations which endures even when official relations may be strained.
We work on the ground in more than 100 countries. In 2019-20 we connected with 80 million people directly and with 791 million overall, including online and through our broadcasts and publications.
The post holder will act as British Council’s ambassador to provide a seamless customer experience to all relevant stakeholders, handle enquiries about British Council Exams Services and meet agreed targets, objectives, and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
Main accountabilities but not limited to the following:
The appointed candidate will have the following accountabilities, responsibilities and main duties:
- Provide a consistent and positive customer experience in line with the British Council Customer Service Strategy and relevant corporate standards and policies.
- Handle first-level enquiries received in person, via email, social media or telephone on relevant aspects of the British Council’s activities/products, in a friendly and professional manner, in line with Customer Service standards, and forward all 2nd level enquiries to relevant colleagues, ensuring they are attended to within specified timelines.
- Ensure the standard response bank is regularly refreshed to respond to customer queries.
- Carry out all reception and registration duties in line with relevant corporate standards and policies. All physical spaces accessible to customers should reflect the British Council brand
- Build rapport with prospective customers to gain understanding and information to respond to their specific needs and requirements.
- Be the single point of contact for assigned opportunities, guiding them through the journey from first enquiry to final sale.
- Make outbound calls to support customers dropping out at different stages of the customer journey and track conversions.
- Capture all opportunities on CRM and send proactive communication to candidates to nurture leads as per the process agreed with the business.
- Maximise opportunities for cross-selling and up-selling.
- Support the delivery of examination services / products through supporting on contact, registration and pay and post-test activities to defined quality standards, in order to meet customer needs and support the delivery of the in-country Examinations Business Development Plan
- Coordinate with other Exams team members on an ongoing basis to ensure a seamless customer journey. This includes timely escalation of unresolved complaints to the concerned teams.
- Manage social media inquiries and complaints in an effective and brand-appropriate manner to create in order to create a better customer experience.
As with any business that experiences peaks and troughs of activity, there is likely to be a need to work outside office hours from time to time.
Role-specific knowledge and experience:
The successful candidate will need to possess the following requirements:
- Higher Diploma and/or equivalent professional experience
- Fast learner and passion for customer service and sales
- An interest in marketing and negotiating techniques.
- Self-motivated with a results-driven approach.
- Proven interest in digital systems/platforms
- First Class Qualification(Degree/Diploma)
Essential Requirements– Role holder must have existing rights to live and work in the country the role is based.
How To Apply
If you are interested in applying for this position, please upload your CV and complete the online application. CLICK HERE TO APPLY
Closing Date – 6 July 2022
Postholder may be required to work some Saturdays.