The Noguchi Memorial Institute for Medical Research hereby invites applications from suitably qualified persons for the position of Data Manager.
The job role requires operational support for management of the Institute’s research data repository and to support the achievement of the objectives of the Institute.
• Manage the organization’s research data repository
• Develop data-oriented systems to meet the organizations research needs
• Assist research scientists in study design and implementation
• Develop data validation systems for data stored in the central repository
• Develop systems to facilitate querying and export of data into other formats
• Ensure that data management and data sharing policies and procedures are adhered to
• Facilitate periodic review of data management and sharing policies and procedures
• Make periodic reports to researchers and management on the status of the central data repository
• Liaise with the IT unit to ensure data security
• Support Research Scientists in biostatistical data analysis
Qualification Required & Experience
• Candidate must possess a relevant Bachelor’s & Master’s degree in a relevant field (Bio-statistics, Health Informatics, Computer Science, Statistics)
• Should have a minimum of two years experience in managing research data systems
• Must be knowledgeable in the use of research data systems such as REDCap and EPIINFO
• Must have good IT skills especially knowledge of other database systems such as MySQL, SQL Server, and Microsoft Access
• Must be adept in the use of the Microsoft office 365 Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, MS forms, etc.)
• Should possess good communication and inter-personal skills
• Should possess good writing skills
TERMS OF APPOINTMENT
The appointments shall normally be for six years including a probationary period. The appointment shall be reviewed before the end of the sixth year and may be renewed.
How To Apply For The Job
An applicant is required to submit the complete application dossier to:
University of Ghana,
P. O. Box LG 25,
Legon, Accra, Ghana (Hardcopy) or
firstname.lastname@example.org (Soft Copy)
The application pack should contain the following: · Completed application form for Senior Administrative and Professional Staff Application: (UAB Form 1B) to be downloaded from the University’s website www.ug.edu.gh/hrodd
• a cover letter expressing interest,
• a detailed curriculum vitae
• copies of relevant academic and/or professional certificates.
Closing Date: 30 June 2022
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.