About Ghana Statistical Service
The Ghana Statistical Service is the government agency charged with the responsibility of providing quality, relevant, accurate, and timely statistical information for the purpose of national development. It has offices in all the sixteen (16) regions of the country.
- Manipulate and present geographical information by developing programs to convert GIS information to other formats.
- Recreate geographical spaces using GIS techniques and remote sensing imagery.
- Integrate different geo-spatial data resources
- Analyze and integrate GIS data with other data sources to assess relationships across a wide range of socio-demographic, behavioural, spatial, environmental, and economic variables.
Position: Data Processing Officer
Agency: Ghana Statistical Service
To provide technical support in data capture, processing, tabulation, analysis, dissemination, documentation, and archiving
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop data capture applications
- Write syntax and develop programs for data monitoring, processing, and analysis.
- Conduct real-time and batch data processing for the different stages of the data life cycle.
- Organize, document, and catalog all data for processing and archiving, and dissemination.
- At least a Master’s degree from an accredited tertiary institution in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Economics, or any other relevant subject area.
- Must have completed a one-year national service. c. Must have at least two years’ work experience in data management and analysis.
COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS
- Analytical skills
- Developing data capture applications
- Use of statistical packages such as Stata, SPSS, R, Python, Excel, and CSPro
How To Apply
Interested and qualified applicants are to submit their application letters and CVs to the address below:
Human Resource Directorate
Ghana Statistical Service
P. O. Box GP 1098
Via Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
CLOSING DATE: The closing date of the application is 18th April 2022