Position: Director, Regional Institute for Population Studies
REPORTING TO: Provost, College of Humanities
The Regional Institute for Population Studies is recognized as the leading centre for research and training in population/health science in Africa, contributing to the well-being and health of African communities through collaborative work within the Institute and with local communities.
QUALIFICATIONS AND ATTRIBUTES
Successful candidate must:
- be of professorial status from an academic/research institution or a person from industry eligible for that status.
- be capable of providing academic leadership especially in the area of teaching, research and extension in the relevant disciplines.
- provide evidence of managerial and administrative leadership and capacity to promote a collegial working environment in the Institute.
- demonstrate the capacity to attract funding for research and development.
- have the vision and the drive to oversee the growth and development of the Institute.
- The Director is responsible for providing leadership to the Institute and for maintaining and promoting efficiency and good order per the policies and procedures prescribed by the University Act and Statutes, or as may be determined by the Council, the Academic Board and the Institute’s Management Committee.
- The Director is to ensure that the approved programmes and functions of the Institute are duly carried out by members of the Institute.
- The Director is also responsible for the general administration of the Institute in respect of human, financial and material resources within the general framework of University policy.
The Director shall serve a term of three years on terms and conditions recommended by the Appointments and Promotions Board and is eligible for re-appointment for a further term of up to three years.
How To Apply For The Job
An applicant is required to submit a complete application pack to
the University of Ghana,
P. O. Box LG 25,
email@example.com (Soft Copy).
The application pack should contain the following:
- Completed application form for Senior Level Administrative Positions (UAB Form 1C) to be downloaded from the University’s website at www.ug.edu.gh/hrodd.
- An up to date Curriculum Vitae and copies of relevant academic and/or professional certificates.
- A statement of about 2,500 words (not more than five pages) indicating how one intends to use the period in office to address relevant issues that will ensure that the University achieves its mission and vision. The UG strategic plan can be downloaded at https://www.ug.edu.gh/pad/publication/ug-strategic-plan
- Further information about the University of Ghana may be found on the University website at www.ug.edu.gh
Closing Date: 31 January, 2022