Job Title: Environmental Manager
GGBL operates from two sites in four drinks categories: Stout, Lager, RTD and Malt as well as the production and distribution of Spirits. The business is the larger of the brewing businesses in Ghana holding circa 75% market share.
Growth in the Ghana economy is encouraged to continue at mid to high single-digit in a driven environment.
Consumers and customers in this region expect products of the highest quality. There is also growing middle classes who are likely to experiment with new products.
- GGBL is undertaking a significant change process, principally in the areas of accountability, quality maintenance practices, supply planning, cost reduction and efficiency. In line with its objectives, GGBL will develop its people and build an environment that attracts and retains the best people.
- As the Supply function we will produce quality products in a safe environment at driven costs, on time and in full with no errors.
- The role holder will need to support and implement specific plans to achieve standards.
Purpose of the Role:
- To ensure compliance with all environmental standards and site(s)/ market license regulatory requirements.
- Lead the environmental agenda, planning and developing performance, standards and capabilities to meet the market/site (s) scorecard targets, aligned with Diageo’s 2020 vision.
- Minimise the risk of harm to reputation through not meeting team member requirements (internal and external)
The significance of this role is important as an in-market lead implementing the wider company environmental strategy, policy and programmes that promote balanced development, which is identified as a business priority, and in line with Diageo’s Blue Print strategy, Global Environmental Policy, Code of Business Conduct, and 2020 targets.
- To be responsible for the management of the environment about Diageo OPEX standards, blueprint strategy, Code of Business Conduct and Environmental Policy. To provide environmental technical leadership and mentor to operational teams on meeting Diageo standards and targets.
- Set market/site (s) sustainability targets, develop plans to meet those targets and lead all aspects of their delivery.
- Ensure that any improvements implemented are standardized and sustained within operational teams.
- Be disciplined about the importance of adhering to environmental standards across the site. Expect others to be disciplined and never walk past anything, which does not meet the standard.
- Audit, analyse and report environmental performance to internal and external team members and regulatory bodies.
- Carry out impact assessments to identify, assess and reduce the organization’s environmental risks and financial costs; running risk and contingency management.
- To operate as part of a coordinated management team, handling expectations and intensifying issues as required.
- Engage with the Daily Operational Review meetings to provide experienced analysis of performance and improvement opportunities.
- Develop and implement environmental management systems to continually improve the impact on the environment.
- As vital, collaborate closely with relevant bodies such as local authorities, public bodies and proficient bodies. Write environmental reports, assuming the environmental lead responsibility for the market/site (s).
- On call to respond to emergencies and breakdowns at the plant.
- Lead the engineering department MMS implementation
Entry Level Requirements – Capabilities, Skills & Experience
- Experience in formalized process design and maintenance.
- At least 3 years experience in a process environment.
- Typically educated to degree standard in environment/sustainability or relevant equivalent and or science-related subject area or qualified through proven experiences. Overall, good knowledge of Environmental legislation and standards.
- Sophisticated proficiency in Diageo environmental capability framework for Environmental sustainability, Carbon & Energy, Water and Wastewater, Solid waste and resource use, Specific aspects to air, land and water, and site biodiversity.
- Awareness of audit techniques and methodology
- Awareness of BCP and risk management techniques
- Influencing and leadership skills
Excellence In Supply Chain
Upholds Standards – The role holder will be encouraged to accept the OPEX standards, apply them optimally in their role and enforce them at all times.
Performance Management – The role holder will understand the importance of critical metrics in driving performance; know how to supervise their targets and be accurate as appropriate.
Continuous Improvement – the role holder will be expected to be flexible and embrace change, continually looking for ways to improve everything they do. They will use various continuous improvement tools and techniques to solve problems. They will also be expected to lead the relationship with the following key external collaborators: suppliers, contractors, external audit, external governmental agencies, key internal team members
To apply for this position, submit your CV and Application on Company Website By Clicking Here
Closing Date: 7th March. 2022