The British Council builds connections, understanding and trust between people in the UK and other countries through arts and culture, education and the English language. We work in two ways – directly with individuals to transform their lives, and with governments and partners to make a bigger difference for the longer term, creating benefit for millions of people all over the world. We help young people to gain the skills, confidence and connections they are looking for to realise their potential and to participate in strong and inclusive communities. We support them to learn English, to get a high-quality education and to gain internationally recognised qualifications. Our work in arts and culture stimulates creative expression and exchange and nurtures creative enterprise. We connect the best of the UK with the world and the best of the world with the UK. These connections lead to an understanding of each other’s strengths and of the challenges and values that we share. This builds trust between people in the UK and other nations which endures even when official relations may be strained. We work on the ground in more than 100 countries. In 2019-20 we connected with 80 million people directly and with 791 million overall, including online and through our broadcasts and publications.
Ghana is a medium-large exams operation in SSA, delivering over 24,000 exams to more than 13,000 candidates annually with a turnover of £2 million. We are seeking to step up growth through identifying and exploiting new business opportunities. The post holder will support quality and compliance, business development and test delivery. The Ghana office is also the support hub for exams operations in Cameroon, Senegal and Sierra Leone.
Provide effective support for delivery of exams administration and operations in line with Examinations Customer Services Standards and to the satisfaction of customers and clients.
Main accountabilities but not limited to the following:
To provide administrative and academic support for exams as agreed with EOM.(Currently on Cambridge, IELTS, CIPS and provide support during ACCA, CFA Exams . This may change as necessary)
- Assist with venue administration
- logistical support for all products
- Maintains security of customer private details, software and system passwords and accountable stocks at all times.
- Escalates staffing and resource issues in advance of anticipated peaks.
- Ensure that parcels for Cambridge Schools and other partner centres are sent to the appropriate partner within three days of receipt or they are called to come for them.
- Supervise Data collection, processing and management in conformity to UK Data Protection Act and Exams Services Confidentiality standards
- Analyse scorecard for all products
- Extract from registration and application forms customer contact details and input into a spread sheet for communication with customers when necessary
- Process customer mobile phone numbers into SMS format for use in communicating registrations, venue information and other Exams Services information to customers
Administrative Support: As required and delegated by the team members
Role specific knowledge and experience:
The successful candidate will need to possess the following requirements:
- First degree or equivalent from a recognised university
- Experience in dealing with customers and enquiries in a service environment.
- Knowledge of project planning
- Event Planning and Coordination
- Monitoring and Evaluation
How To Apply
If you are interested in applying for this position, please upload your CV and complete the online application. CLICK HERE TO APPLY
Closing Date – 6 July 2022
- You may be required to work some unsocial hours, including weekends and do occasional travels.