Pula Ghana invites applications from person willing to be engaged as field agents.
Engagement: 12 Months
Preferred start date: As soon as possible
At Pula, we are radically restructuring agricultural insurance, using technology to insure the previously unbanked, uninsured, untapped market of 1.5 billion smallholders worldwide.
We work in over 14 countries across Africa and Asia, and by 2021, we have facilitated crop insurance cover to over 6 million farmers across Kenya, India, Rwanda, Uganda, Nigeria, Mali, Senegal, Zambia, Ethiopia, Madagascar, Tanzania, and Malawi. Since raising our Series A, our operations have expanded globally including now Asia and Latin America.
We are a for profit, and have raised over $10 million from leading venture and institutional investors as well as developed philanthropic relationships with private foundations and bilateral donors such as the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation and German Insure Resilience Solutions Fund that have accelerated investments in our target markets.
Pula is fast-paced, constantly adapting to new opportunities and challenges. We are a high-performance, multi-cultural team. We expect our team to value performance, results and professionalism.
At Pula, we are:
● Obsessed with results: We are responsible for our future and therefore we get things done!
● Connect the Dots: We continuously identify different customer needs & business problems and build solutions that deliver value.
● Have a Can do Attitude! We dare to do things differently to make things work.
● We have each others’ back: We look out for each other & we share high quality, timely feedback that makes us better.
What you will be doing
- Working Under the vision, guidance and direction of the Ghana Operations Lead, Pula is seeking the services of Field Agents who will be responsible for data collection and management.
- As a primary data collector, you must understand that data quality starts at the source. This means that you play a major role in collecting quality information from the households.
Location: Asene, Denkyembour, Lower West Akyem Municipal
● Attend the training course and all other scheduled meetings.
● Having a very detailed working schedule.
● Study the Crop Cut Exercise Protocols very carefully and remember the main points that are explained in the protocol.
● Harvest a portion of farmers’ fields for yield assessment.
● Become fully familiar with the questionnaire.
● Complete all the data collection activities as required ( A complete visit is where all the 3 visits or stages have been done and data has been approved).
● Review each completed questionnaire for accuracy and completeness.
● Submit completed questionnaires at the exact time the survey has been completed (Timeliness of the submission of questionnaires Prompt submission of the questionnaires is absolutely crucial for timely processing. If submission of the forms is delayed, it will be impossible to process them on a timely basis. The value of the data for planning and decision-making is directly related to its timeliness).
● Survey all farmers that have been given to you and find replacements if farmers on the list cannot be found.
● Ensure that all survey materials are looked after properly and returned to the supervisor after the survey exercise is over
● Keep all information received completely confidential.
● Any other duties assigned to you from time to time.
Who you are:
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE AND COMPETENCES:
- Diploma/Certificate in Business, Development Studies, Economics, Agriculture or any other related field.
- MUST HAVE A SMARTPHONE
- With Android version 7 and above plus access to Google Play Store.
- Good internet access, enough storage space and should be GPS enabled.
- Experience in data collection and working in rural settings.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Fluent in local languages spoken in the district.
- Ability to work successfully with farmers, field teams and a team player.
- Manage checklists and work plans.
- Work well independently and with minimum supervision.
Represent Pula values.
Some more expectations:
- Our team is deeply field based. We hire from the areas that we are working, rather than focusing on hiring only from capital cities or major metropolitan areas.
- The individuals best suited for these positions are those who are comfortable speaking in relevant local languages and moving around rural areas.
- Compensation will be based on the number of CCEs completed and accepted by the data quality team. Airtime will be provided as airtime transfers and will be expected to be used for work purposes. Transport will be provided based on assignments and estimates of transport needs.
- Wages are paid at each stage for completed work – per survey/ per farmer visit.
- All Applicants are required to have a valid bank account for financial transactions.
How To Apply For This Jobs