We are looking for a knowledgeable, thorough field agronomist who can aid in the development of farming practices and find effective solutions for our company’s farm operations.
As our field agronomist, you will conduct production audits and field checks, take samples, make observations, perform tests and identify and solve problems related to plant to soil nutrition, damage from pests, weather or climate change. Using this information you will also help field staff and farm managers develop, implement and test our cultivation protocols.
- Developing and promoting farm practices that diminish the effects of changes in soil, climate and weather damage from pests.
- Visiting Grower fields to aid our growers in solving problems and recommending necessary actions
- Ensuring that Complete Farmer protocols are being followed by conducting regular field audits
- Ensuring that Complete Farmer Growers are following GAP practices that meet certification and market standards
- Responding to Grower queries and help in the diagnosis of farm related challenges faced by growers
- Assisting Growers to develop farm production plans that suit their fields and farming objectives
- Providing training to farmers on how to follow Complete Farmers crop production protocols
- Assisting with the crop selection process and the development of planting and irrigation schedules, budgets and timelines.
- Keeping detailed records regarding fields, crops and samples taken
- Generating field observation and audit reports
- Promoting Complete Farmer products and techniques through educational presentations
- Bachelor’s degree in agronomy, agriculture, or a related field.
- At least 3 years’ experience in field agronomy
- Should be an expert in the production in at least 3 Complete Farmer crops
- Further education and experience may be preferred.
- Additional certifications may be required.
- Valid driver’s license and willingness to travel.
- Ability to work outside, stand, walk, kneel, and stoop for extended periods.
- Proficiency with computers, especially MS Office and diagnostic scientific software.
- Good team player
- Good project management
- Attention to detail
- Proficient in technology and general office equipment
- Ability to work efficiently with minimal supervision
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time
- Exceptional active listening and verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong research, reporting, decision making, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
Mode of Application
Apply on our website or Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Use “Field Agronomist” as the subject of your email. Add a cover email to the body of your email and attach a cover letter.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.