The Cooperative Development Foundation of Canada (CDF) is implementing a multi-year project with a grant from Global Affairs Canada (GAC). The project, entitled “4R Nutrient Stewardship Program (4R –NSP)”, is being implemented in partnership with SEND Ghana. The goal of the project is to improve the socio-economic well-being and resilience of smallholder farmers, particularly women through improving agricultural productivity and sustainability.
Cooperative Development Foundation of Canada is a Canadian based international development organization that focuses on building prosperity in communities around the world through Cooperatives. We work with local partners in Africa, Asia and Latin America to establish and grow community-owned co-operatives to help people achieve more prosperous and self-reliant lives.
Position: Finance and Administrative Officer
The Finance and Administrative Officer is reporting to the Country Manager. He/she will lead all financial and administrative support functions of the country office following GAC and CDF policies and procedures, including tracking and reporting monthly expenses, procurement, and logistical support to staff. He/She is also expected to monitor and provide on-going support to partner organization and to work closely with CDF HQ finance to ensure accuracy in reporting and strict compliance with CDF and GAC policies and procedures.
Essential Job Functions
- Adhere to CDF/GAC mandated, procedures, reporting timeline and controls, including, Procurement, Asset Management, and Finance procedures.
- Administer and manage daily accounting and finance functions including the timely recording of transactions, cash management, banking, payroll, inventory, receivables, and payables.
- Implement and administer CDF Canada systems for internal control, compliance and accounting data processing and financial reporting functions in accordance with CDF Canada and GAC regulations.
- Monitor partner grant utilization and provide support to partner finance officers to enhance compliance
- Assist partner finance officers to fully comply with CDF Canada and GAC finance/accounting procedures and reporting requirement
- Ensure that all monthly and annual reports are fully completed and supported by all necessary documentation in line with CDF Canada and GAC policy
- Ensure that operational cash advance is maintained at a lowest level possible facilitating smooth program delivery.
Do the weekly and monthly cash counts and reconciliations
- Responsible for proper filing of all receipts and documentation according to CDF Canada and GAC procedures.
- Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to CDF Canada and to not jeopardize its operations in Ghana
- Follow up and ensure that all outstanding travel advances are retired
Report all problems with financial administration and compliance without delay
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Skills or Experience
- Bachelor’s level qualification is required in Accounting from a recognized university. Professional qualification in finance and accounting will be an advantage.
- At least 5 years proven and progressive experience working on finance management, accounting, and audit work is required
- Knowledge and experience of GAC procedures, reporting and fund accounting is desirable
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure
Key Competency Requirements
- Professional integrity
- High level of accountability
- Creative Problem Solving
- Effective Communication
- Inclusive Collaboration
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Good knowledge of program planning, budgeting report writting and RBM
How To Apply
Interested applicants can send their CV together with a motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and cc email@example.com
CDF Canada is committed to achieving workforce diversity. Women are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.