DI is seeking to hire a Finance and Operations Manager for the anticipated five-year Performance Accountability Activity in Ghana funded by USAID. This activity will focus on strengthening civil society oversight of and feedback into government performance in public service delivery and to support the government, especially at the local level, and public service providers to be more responsive to citizen demand in delivering quality essential services. This is based on the premise that citizen action and engagement are critical for ensuring that the government delivers quality services with increased accountability. This will be a full-time position based in Accra, Ghana, and will be contingent on award and funding. This position is only open to Ghanaian citizens. For more information, please read the Request for Information (link).The Finance and Operations Manager will lead and manage all finance and administration for the project and ensure all financial transactions are properly documented and performed in full compliance with DI and USAID accounting regulations, US federal procurement regulations, and generally accepted accounting principles. They will report to the Chief of Party. The successful candidate must be a development professional with significant experience in Ghana or a similar context and demonstrated expertise in managing finance and administration for US Government-funded programming.
Essential Job Duties:
The position’s responsibilities will include:
- Manage all internal financial processes and maintain financial records, including tracking, reviewing, and processing revenue received and coding expenditures;
- Continually evaluate and develop internal policies related to financial management;
- Manage information and submissions related to organizational insurance policies;
- Manage and audit information related to federal, state and local tax filings and business registrations;
- Serve as the administrative contact and liaison with outsourced vendors;
- Administer contracting process with all vendors to ensure execution of contracts and timely payment of invoices;
- Serve as administrative contact and liaison with the organization’s human resource-related matters;
- Serve as a security point of contact, in coordination with a security firm and DI headquarters;
- Oversee associate professional development and other employee-driven culture aspects;
- Act as a change agent in building community and culture at the organization by facilitating process implementation, reinforcing the organization’s mission and values, and enhancing day-to-day work morale and productivity;
- Manage all aspects of office infrastructure and operations including office space leases and maintenance, supplies and materials, and technology; and,
- Supervise staff.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Accounting/Finance/Business Administration or a related field; Master’s degree preferred; 10 years of relevant experience with a Master’s degree or 12 years of relevant experience with a Bachelor’s degree;
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with USAID compliance and reporting requirements as well as a thorough understanding of the USAID regulatory environment;
- Supervisory experience required;
- A strong understanding of managing finance and accounting, human resources, operations, logistics in Ghana;
- Knowledge and experience with Ghana tax and personnel regulations and practices;
- Experience managing a team;
- Ability to work well within a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision;
- Professional fluency in English is required; and,
- This position is open to Ghanaian citizens.
- This position reports to the Chief of Party.
How To Apply
To apply for this position, submit your CV and Application on Company Website: Click Here
Closing Date: 25th March. 2022