Africa Foresight Group (AFG) is a fast-growing tech venture that operates across the continent to build African companies into global champions through freelancing services. Our innovative platform, Peralta, connects top consulting talent from Africa and the world with companies looking to scale and professionalize. We are a market network for top talent and believe that the future of work is Africa. Are you keen to see African companies grow to global scale? Do you believe in the freelance revolution? And do you love pursuing what is thought impossible? Then our AFG community is the right place for you.
We are looking for a Finance Manager who has found his/her calling in the practical development and quality assurance of top financial systems for high-growth companies. The person we seek for this role does not only love numbers, but also knows how to ensure their quality, and collect and present them to serve as a foundation for fact-based decision-making in a business. Attention to detail is not stress, but rather pure enjoyment to you; and you believe that finance as a discipline is not a means to an end, but rather the top function for strategic direction and organisational efficiency.
You will enjoy working with us in this capacity if you are looking for a creative work environment where you can take the liberty to build things and make independent decisions, while problem-solving and continuously investigating what Finance must do within AFG to make our operations world-class.
Who you are?
Your team preferences
- You are passionate about private sector development in Africa and AFG’s purpose
- You see yourself as a leader and genuinely believe that the work you do has real consequences for the future of the continent
- You thrive in fast-paced, high-octane work environments that require initiative, diligence and creativity
- You are a strong communicator, both in writing and verbally, who can build relationships with senior stakeholders at ease
- You care about working in a highly supportive environment with team members who are dedicated and help each other
- You are comfortable with receiving direct feedback and are motivated to deliver results
- You hold a bachelor’s degree from a leading African or foreign tertiary institution in a quantitative subject; a graduate degree would be a great addition but is not a requirement
- You are familiar with the work environment of start-up companies and know what issues have priority for a growth company
- You possess a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license in good standing or equivalent (this is a hard requirement)
- You are comfortable and strategic in managing accounting service providers to achieve the best results for your work together with them
- You are a resourceful analyst of financial information and knowledgeable in translating it into reports that can improve decision-making as well as transparency
- You enjoy brainstorming and can deploy out-of-the-box thinking to solve problems, even outside of Finance
- Throughout your minimum 5 years of work experience, you have developed a strong entrepreneurial spirit and “can-do” attitude which you consistently deploy in your work and interactions
- Take responsibility for the execution the day-to-day financial operations within the company, such as payroll, supplier payments, invoicing, and other transactions
- Establish and maintain financial policies and procedures for the company, collaborating with colleagues across the organization to enforce them meaningfully
- Contract and manage outside service providers for bookkeeping, tax preparation, auditing, banking, investments, and other financial needs as necessary
- Track, plan and forecast the company’s cashflow situation, including the determination of core metrics for regular investor reporting
- Monitor financial status and performance to identify areas for potential improvement
- Seek out methods for minimising financial risk to the company
- Research and analyse financial reports and market trends
- Provide insightful financial reports to senior executives to aid in long-term and short-term decision making
- Review financial data and prepare monthly and annual reports
- Stay up to date with development of internal tech solution and it’s interfacing with financial operations; as well as accounting software to be used for financial purposes
- Understand and adhere to financial regulations and legislation
- Attend board meetings and take minutes as necessary
What we offer
- Competitive, incentive-based remuneration
- Working in a 100% remote, vibrant team environment
- Constant opportunities for learning and growth
- International exposure
- Purpose-driven work experience
- Ownership of your own personal development and career advancement
AFG is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status, and encourage all applicants to apply.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this position, Submit your CV and Application on Company Website: Click Here
Closing Date : 10th March. 2022