The West African Health Organization (WAHO) is the health institution of the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) charged with leadership and coordination of health improvement programs across the ECOWAS region. WAHO is seeking applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the under listed vacant position: General Administration Officer
Under the supervision of the Administrative Officer, the General Administrative Officer shall play an active role in the overall organization, management and delivery of office support services by ensuring smooth operation of ongoing administrative functions including the creation of a conducive work environment, health and safety, equipment, assets, building and utility management, an information storing and retrieval systems, etc.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure proper maintenance of office equipment, assets, vehicle and infrastructure;
- Monitor clients’ accounts;
- Ensure that vendors and contractors are paid in a timely manner;
- Supervise the housekeeping and maintenance of the building;
- Monitor energy and usage;
- Develop strategies minimisation of energy and water usage;
- Prepare and follow up on documents relating to shipments/freights, customs clearance, office material or staff transfers, deployment or repatriation;
- Provide information to staff regarding office administrative procedures, processes and practices;
- Manage WAHO office supplies;
- Prepare regular reports in SAP using the Material Management Module (e.g. supplies and replenishment alerts);
- Manage vehicle movement, including scheduling, servicing, logbooks, fuel coupons etc.
- Coordinate the security issues;
- Ensure the cleanliness of the front office and that it is manned at all times;
- Lead, supervise and mentor subordinates.
- Perform other related duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
Qualification Required & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in political science, public administration or a related field from a recognized university;
- 3 to 5 years of progressively responsible experience in protocol, public information, external relations or a related area with significant experience in organizing events/meetings in an international setting is required;
- Knowledge of conference services and documentation;
- Familiarity with administrative and financial policies and procedures related to conference services and procedures in a governmental or international organization.
- Knowledge of accepted norms, rules and customs including practices developed within ECOWAS System or similar international organization;
- Knowledge of administrative services in governmental or international organization.
ECOWAS KEY COMPETENCIES
- Ability to persuade/influence others to consider a certain point of view, adopt a new idea or implement new methods and practices;
- Ability to lead a team of trainees/junior staff and instill a spirit of teamwork to engage employees and achieve a well- defined set of activities;
- Ability to respect chain of command in an appropriate manner;
- Ability to resolve challenges that occur with minimal direction and/or to recommend and explain solutions or alternatives for approval;
- Ability to utilize the Code of Ethics to manage self, others, information and resources;
- Ability to mentor others and create feedback loops with supervisors, colleagues and the subordinates to build strong working relationships and improve performance;
- Contribute to maintaining organizational unit’s performance goals and standards.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this position, submit your CV and Application on Company Website: Click Here
Closing Date : 9th April. 2022