ANGLOGOLD ASHANTI (IDUAPRIEM) LIMITED (A subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti Limited) operate the combine Teberebie and Iduapriem open-pits gold mines at Tarkwa in the Western Region of Ghana and has a work force of over 1400, including contractors.
Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in the vacant position
The Geotechnical Engineer role is accountable for co-ordination and alignment of all geotechnical aspects of the open pit mining operations: geotechnical and monitoring data collection, evaluation & interpretation of geotechnical data, analysis of designs, monitoring of design versus actual, advising mine planning and production engineers, supporting the development of mine design and monitor the designs to enable more effective mining and inform processing to increase gold production
- Inspect high walls to check for signs of instability and other geotechnical hazards. Communicate findings and recommendations to mine operations and mine planning teams.
- Assist Superintendent – Geotechnical Engineer to analyze and provide recommendations for slope development and failures management using available analytical and numerical techniques.
- Install slope monitoring systems like prisms, Radars, extensometers, inclinometers, and piezometers. Collect, analyze and interpret data from these monitoring systems and present the results for use in designs.
- Provide Geotechnical and Hydrological inputs for weekly mine planning and operations.
- Understanding of principles of geotechnical monitoring tools and systems such as total station robotics and Alert monitoring system.
- Model Geological structures and geotechnical domains using geological and mining software like Leapfrog, Surpac, DataMine and GEM4D
- Assist in managing special projects on an as-needed basis including blast design for minimizing damage to high walls, pit wall mapping campaigns, geotechnical investigations (drilling and logging), historic dump stability analysis and instrumentation upgrades
- BSc degree in Mining, Geological or Civil Engineering from a recognized institution.
- Minimum of 1 year National Service working experience in surface mining, specializing in geotechnical engineering and hydrogeology (ideally). with proven experience working on multi-disciplinary project teams.
- Sound knowledge of slope and groundwater monitoring systems
- Strong geotechnical data collection skills
- Proficient user of industry standard geotechnical, rock mechanics and mining software
- Ability to work effectively with people, including high performing professional teams
- Possess strong verbal, written analytical and persuasive skills and ability to interact effectively with all levels of employees and management
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills in English
- Possess a valid driver’s license and proficiency in driving light vehicle
How To Apply For This Job
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website: Click Here To Apply Online
Closing Date: 6th October 2022