The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit
(GIZ) GmbH has been commissioned by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and the European Union (EU) to support the local production of vaccines in Ghana and to strengthen the Food and Drugs Authority (FDA) for vaccine regulation.
The project team is closely working with the Vaccine Manufacturing Committee and provides technical assistance to implement Ghana’s Roadmap to become a vaccine manufacturing hub.
Scope Of The Role
The Technical Advisor is responsible for managing assigned project components towards the achievement of project goals with a technical focus on regulation of medicines and vaccines in
The Advisor will work in close cooperation with the project co-leads and team members as well as the Food and Drugs Authority Ghana, the European Union and other national
and international stakeholders.
- Assist and monitor the development and implementation of programme plans and activities in close consultation with counterparts.
- Support the coordination with the FDA and EU to ensure timely and high-quality implementation of project plans to strengthen FDA Ghana for vaccine regulation. This involves organising and preparing minutes of meetings
- Prepare reports and presentation documents, including monitoring
& evaluation, success stories and best practice examples.
- Prepare appropriate input for various programme reports including annual
reports and contributes to the other reports required by the Team Leader, the project managers and GIZ. Head Office.
- Coordinate relevant project activities/interventions at local level in consultation with the manager and in cooperation with the partners regarding implementation and organizational aspects.
- Provide technical advice to the FDA on vaccine regulation and upgrading the FDA Maturity Level from 3 to 4. This involves strengthening the GMP
inspection, laboratory testing, marketing authorization and lot release system at FDA Ghana.
- Provide technical advice to local pharmaceutical sector on establishing and adhering to all necessary pharmaceutical guidelines for vaccine production.
- Prepare, implement and document training events, workshops, forums, team meetings and other project activities
- Master’s degree in life science, clinical science, public health, pharmacy, or related field
- At least 5 years’ professional experience in pharmaceutical sector/medical product regulatory field
- 2 years’ minimum project management experience
- Strong network in the Ghanaian pharmaceutical and regulatory sector.
- Very good working knowledge of ICT technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office).
- Diligent, goal oriented, open minded and innovative, tear player and ability to perform task without supervision.
- Proficient in spoken and written English; a working knowledge of German is an asset.
- Strong interpersonal skills, work experience in an intercultural environment is an asset.
- Strong managerial, organisational, project management and social competence.
- Advanced knowledge of quality assurance, experience in coordinating/supervising technical working groups/committees, advanced report writing skills, meeting and stakeholder coordination.
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed corresponding measures are agreed with management.
How To Apply
Interested and suitable applicants are to forward their detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a one-page cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org under the Job Code 2022/develoPPP/28/06.
Closing Date: 12th July, 2022