About The Role
We are delighted to announce that we are inviting applications for our 2022 Graduate program which will be based in Ghanna- Accra branch. The Graduate – Operational Excellence supports the management of the capital project program for Fixed Plant, supports PPIS and laboratory operations including collects, prepares, tests and analyses chemical samples and conducts method development, continuous improvement of technical aspects and non-routine analysis/reporting. The successful candidate will join a two-year program, each successful graduate can expect to gain incredible insights, learnings and development from multiple cross-functional areas of our business. This is achieved through multi-disciplinary rotations, a personalized development roadmap, and a support network of subject-matter experts within the Orica business.
What you will be doing
We believe it’s important for our graduates to explore, so we’ll give you real responsibilities from day one so you can learn, grow and develop with Orica. Discover a specialist role, a broad career-path, or even an unexpected future. We give you the tools and experience to flourish and shape your career, wherever you’d like to go. Our graduate rotation schemes will prepare you with the skills and knowledge base in which to spring-vault your career
- Provides specialist support on capital management Contributes to Business improvement (delivering the savings, governance and process)
- Cost centre management support Supports Regulatory and Statutory compliance of assets delivered by project team Drives compliance of project delivery top Orica’s project process and SHEC requirements (HS)Supports region for Project and Capital management.
- Leads and manages project teams and ensures good governance, project process and hazard study process is applied for all projects.
- Supports the monitoring of the Fixed Plant capital program.
- Supports laboratory safety initiatives.
- Ensures safety of all personnel using the laboratory facilities by reviewing work practices, adherence to good laboratory practices, housekeeping and regulations.
- Conducts testing to ensure environmental licenses are in compliance. Conducts calibration, maintenance, and ensure availability of gas analytical instruments and gas detection safety equipment for which the laboratory is responsible.
- Supports and maintains the laboratory quality system including ISO 9001 standard.
- Supports and maintains the NATA accreditation requirements Ensures accuracy of analyses and timely reporting of results.
- Provides rapid reporting of out of specification results to the appropriate management representative.
- Provides chemical and technical advice to support key customers.
- Ensure a high standard of analytical competence of Plant Technicians and other Lab personnel through the provision of training packages and assurance of competence.
- Provides after-hours support for the plant if required
What you will bring
- Willingness to learn and to make an impact
- Interest in working in an industrial environment
- Curiosity in learning a variety of technical applications of engineering and technology
- Ability to collaborate and ask questions
Our Charter values
Our values hold us together and set the standard for how we behave. They go to the very core of what Orica stands for and, by extension, what we as employees stand for. As we all consistently live by them and hold ourselves and each other to the highest standards, we build on the rich tradition of what makes Orica great.
We’re looking for graduates from a range of disciplines such as: (Candidates should have an aggregate of 60%)
- Mining Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Bachelor or master’s degree in above disciplines or related fields – who have graduates between 2019- 2022
- Less than two years of relevant work experience
- Valid driving license will be an added advantage
How You Shape And Influence Others
- Demonstrates courage, resilience and flexibility
- Strong reputation for integrity, ethics, personal values and solid character
- Solid interpersonal & communication skills
- Self-aware and open to feedback
- Work effectively across teams
- Able to work independently under SME guidance
- Productive without compromising quality
- Highly reliable, motivated to excel, demonstrates initiative
What we offer
As part of a truly global company, you will have the ability to grow and learn in a diverse, collaborative culture. We foster relationships and learning through connected global and local teams, promote flexible and diverse career paths and support the development of your knowledge and skills.
You will be paid a competitive salary, learn from talented individuals across multiple disciplines and be able to thrive in a safe workplace within a collaborative culture. Ignite your career at a place where your distinct potential can find its home.
We respect and value all
Orica promotes and fosters a culture of inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment everywhere we operate. We treat our people and applicants with fairness, dignity, and respect, getting the best of everyone’s contributions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, nationality, age, military or veteran, marital or disability status.
How To Apply
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website: Click Here
Closing Date: 25th May. 2022