Everyone deserves the opportunity to build a better future. This simple idea has been at the heart of TechnoServe’s work around the world for over 50 years. TechnoServe is a pioneer in leveraging the power of business and markets to create sustainable pathways out of poverty.
The low-income communities in which we work are full of enterprising people. Their small-scale farms and businesses are the keys to economic development. But they face many challenges: low literacy, lack of access to jobs and markets, unpredictable political dynamics and, increasingly, the effects of climate change. For many women and young people, the challenges are even more daunting. Working with TechnoServe staff, people around the world are lifting themselves out of poverty. The results are amazing…when incomes increase and living conditions for families get better, they are able to access health care and education previously out of reach. Communities and even whole countries are better off.
TechnoServe seeks an experienced Grants and Compliance Manager for an anticipated APY Program in Ghana. The Grants Manager will manage the administration of grants and the related procurement processes. S/he will lead the design of a Grants Manual and develop criteria for recipients of grants. S/he will also monitor the performance of sub-awardees and compliance, including conducting monitoring visits. The Manager will provide technical assistance to sub-awardees to support their compliance, capacity building, and optimal performance.
Agriculture Productivity and Youth Program (APY) is a donor-funded program to improve the well-being and resilience of young women and men as a result of strengthened producers, processors, and agribusinesses in Agriculture & Adjacent Sectors. The program will implement a market systems facilitation approach that will leverage private sector actors to achieve more sustainable impacts. Program outcomes include a) Increased productivity of value chain actors in agriculture and adjacent sectors; b) Improved policy implementation to support growth in the relevant sectors; and c) Shift in mindset and fulfillment of youth towards employment and entrepreneurship in the sectors and rural futures.
Primary Functions & Responsibilities:
- Provide oversight of the entire life of an award from pre-award to close out, focusing on regulatory compliance, assessment, and mitigation of business risk.Produce a Grants Manual that aligns with the needs of the project
- In alignment with donor expectations, prepare contracts and grant agreements, modifications, and extensions for the project
- Review, analyze and provide advice on contract rules and regulations to sub-awardeesServe on technical evaluation committees for sub-award solicitations.
- Ensure the efficient and effective administration of sub-awards to grantees.
- Ensure regular contact with Agreements Management and Finance on any issues surrounding in-country grants management processes and procedures;
- Implement and monitor systems and procedures related to internal risk management and sub-grant compliance to contracts
- Mentor and supervise staff engaged in the activities noted here.
- Provide technical assistance to TechnoServe grantees on administrative policies and procedures for grants management
- Conduct investigations to resolve contractual issues/problems/disputes arising from grants and making recommendations for resolution.
- Maintain current knowledge of donor rules and regulations
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Law or other relevant field with 7 years of experience in experience in grants or contracts management for a large-scale, complex international development assistance program (or a Master’s degree with 5 years of experience).
- Proven experience making recommendations on the scope, duration and amount of grants.
- Prior work experience in countries in Western Africa. Experience working in Ghana strongly preferred.
- Experience overseeing a diverse team of grants and compliance professionals on a large and complex donor-funded project
Additional qualifications that would make a candidate more desirable. We seek candidates who bring experience with:
- Experience in a grant management role for a program using a market systems development approach.
Required Languages: Fluency in English with excellent oral and written communication skills required.
Travel: Limited travel (up to 20%) to field offices and project sites
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to analyze grantee reports for compliance and make recommendations to strengthen performance.
- Knowledge of diverse donor grant regulations would be beneficial.
- Strong project management skills including the ability to anticipate demand and manage multiple tasks and projects while meeting tight deadlines.
- Excellent oral and written presentation skills and good computer skills in business software (Excel, MS Project, and PowerPoint).
- Understanding of capacities and constraints of smallholder farming and agribusiness development.
- Strong private sector market orientation, entrepreneurial and innovative thinker.
- Results-oriented, with demonstrated experience achieving project targets.
- Strong interpersonal and cross-cultural skills.
- Detail orientation, including strong organizational, analytical and quantitative skills.
- Proven ability to prioritize and manage a high-volume workflow, with minimal supervision.
- Proven team player with strong interpersonal and cross-cultural skills.
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other administrative applications.
Supervisory Responsibilities – Typically, 3 to 5 mid-level staff including procurement and compliance specialists. Experience leading multi-disciplinary teams is desired.
Please note that this opportunity is contingent upon final donor approval.
We encourage all qualified individuals who share TechnoServe’s vision of improving the lives of others through proven business solutions to apply.
With our commitment to diversity, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and affirmative action employer and do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, HIV/AIDS status, protected veteran status, disability and all other protected classes.
We are also proud of our commitment to protecting staff, partners, and beneficiaries from abuse and exploitation and thoroughly vet all final candidates through rigorous background and reference checks.
How To Apply For This Job
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website: Click Here
Closing Date: 28th August. 2022