FHI 360 is a global development organization with a rigorous, evidence-based approach. Our professional staff includes experts in civil society, peacebuilding, health, nutrition, education, economic development, environment, and research. FHI 360 operates from 60 offices with 4,500 staff in the U.S. and around the world. Our commitment to partnerships at every level and our multidisciplinary approach enable us to have a lasting impact on the individuals, communities and countries we serve–improving lives for millions.
FHI 360 is currently recruiting for the position of Grants Manager for an anticipated five-year USAID project, Strengthening Regional Peace and Stability Program in West Africa, with a budget of between $25-$49 million. The anticipated goal of this program is to strengthen national and regional peacebuilding, conflict mitigation, and countering violent extremism capacities in key countries in West Africa.
The Grants Manager will be responsible for providing leadership in the overall technical and contractual management of a large portfolio of sub-partners and Grants Under Contract under the project. S/he will be responsible for managing and providing technical assistance for grantees related to a broad range of compliance, programmatic and administrative needs for effective programming. The Grants Manager position will be located in Accra, Ghana with regular, frequent project-funded travel to the project’s focus countries, which could include Benin, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Chad, Côte d’Ivoire, Ghana, Guinea, Mauritania, Niger, and/or Togo. This position will report to the Chief of Party.
Essential Job Functions: Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide leadership and oversight for grants and contracts management on the project, including components located in focus countries;
- Assist the Chief of Party to ensure that project resources are utilized in accordance with applicable FHI 360 and donor policies and procedures;
- Manage and ensure compliance for all subawards to implementing partners and sub-grantees;
- Ensure compliance with USAID rules and regulations and FHI 360 policies and procedures;
- Train all Program and Grants staff in the project’s Grants Under Contract s manual and compliant grants management system;
- Coordinate closely with a team of program and grants officers to support local organizations in finalizing project proposals and budgets, and to monitor and report on grantee activities;
- Develop and manage subaward solicitation processes;
- Maintain an online grants tracking system, and ensure compliant monitoring and reporting on grant activities;
- Train and mentor relevant project staff and implementing partners on managing and monitoring subawards;
- Ensure the effective start-up and close out of all sub-grants; and
- Perform other related duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree or international equivalent from an accredited university in a relevant field such as international development, business administration, law or other related field; Advanced degree preferred;
- At least eight years of experience managing grant programs, or in a position of contracting authoring, including preparation, negotiation, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of grants working with local recipients;
- Experience effectively supervising other staff members;
- Familiarity with USAID programming, rules and regulations highly desired;
- Ability to work effectively in a highly collaborative team;
- Fluency in speaking, reading and writing in English required; professional proficiency in French preferred;
- Strong interpersonal, negotiating, decision making, and problem-solving skills;
- Demonstrated excellent organizational skills; and
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Local candidates are encouraged to apply.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
Availability of position is contingent upon award to FHI 360. Selection of final applicant is subject to USAID approval.
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
How To Apply
Send your application through the company’s website: CLICK HERE
Deadline: 8th May, 2022