The Head of Human Capital shall be generally responsible for ensuring the efficient and productive execution of the full spectrum of human capital services touching on the employee cycle from souring to separation, crafting and implementing our culture.
His/her mission would be to ensure continuous improvement to the human capital strategic and operational workflow and provide adequate human capital management insights and supports to the relevant business units
• Draw up workforce plans on regular basis, discuss with the CEO and communicate approved plans and conducting placement activities for approved vacancies
• Partner with business leaders to identify top talent and develop training plan to ensure succession pipeline in line with business strategy • Report and manage high potential staff members and career progression within the Company
RECRUITMENT AND ON BOARDING
• Manage all recruitment activities within the company in line with the hiring policy. Including but not limited to keeping a candidate pool of active suitable candidates for any role
• Consult and assist line managers throughout the recruitment process ensure consistency in the process, and salary parity requirements within the company salary bands
• Conduct all onboarding activities to ensure new hires are inducted into the Company on time.
• Ensure that all offboarding is done is a consistent manner as per the off-boarding process as outlined by the company
• Assist with the development, reviewing and implementation of all company human capital policies that are in line with best practice and labour laws
• Communication of any policy changes to staff
• Update the information in the company’s Human Capital Manual as required from time to time
• Ensure that all employees have read the Human Capital Manual and have signed copies on file to reflect same
• Constantly re-assess and ensure that the business units are set up for success from a strategic and operational organisational design perspective
• Consult and advise on improvements that may need to be implemented on same
• Drive and implement culture of the company to ensure it is integrated in the behaviour of all employees within the business
• Facilitate employee survey, conduct employee feedback engagement and support business to implement the agreed action plan
• Collaborate with business to drive change management across the business as when is required
Training and Development
• Creation of annual training and development plans against budgets as assigned annually
• Detect developmental needs of staff members, consult and include in the annual training plans
• Keep an updated register of training interventions that have been done together with attendance registers
• Lead disciplinary and grievance processes in accordance with the company’s disciplinary process
• Lead investigations of employee issues that need to be resolved
• Manage any hearings that may arise and sign off on all as required
• Have a deep understanding of the relevant labour laws within the country and advise as and when required
Regard and Payroll
• Ensure employee rewards are competitive on the market to retain staff
• Organise timely monthly payroll and approve for payment following approval from the CEO and in line with payroll policy and procedure
• Update pay space with any salary or structural changes in reporting lines.
• Lead and advise in executing performance improvement plans, and management of the process in line with company policy and procedure
• Manage the performance appraisal process in line with company policy
• Ensure all employees have their key performance indicators on file
• Have ongoing training for supervisors on how to run an effective performance review and manage any issues that may arise from the performance management cycles
• Advise and consult with management on team performance issues
• Lead performance improvement plan discussions as and when required
• Create a high performing culture by running surveys on the system to determine the needs of the organisation
• Implement team building and other relevant activities to ensure that out staff are motivated, feed connected and are living the values of the company on a daily basis
Qualification Required & Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in a business related discipline preferably Human Capital Management, or industry-related area required Certified Human Capital practitioner by a governing body in Ghana
• At least 5 years relevant senior management experience in a similar role
• Basic knowledge of various employment laws and labour practices in Ghana
• Proven experience in payrol management, disciplinary and performance goal setting, feedback and appraisal meetings, PP management employee separation, new employee onboarding and orientation, employee interview process, vetting, negotiating, and contracting
• Proven ability to prepare Human Capital reports
• Very strong in oral and written communication
• Excellent interpersonal abilities, has a basic understanding of psychology.
• Ability to work with various departments and foster teamwork.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
• Ability to maintain the highly confidential nature of the job requirements
• Demonstrate strong abilities as an organizer, relationship builder, negotiator, problem solver, public speaker, and customer services person
• Must be able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner of investigating matters gathering, and analyzing information.
• Able to handle difficult conversations effectively.
• Able to hold people accountable
How To Apply
All interested applicants should forward their CVs to:
email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 08 February, 2022