Jumia is a leading e-commerce platform in Africa. It is built around a marketplace, Jumia Logistics, and JumiaPay. The marketplace helps millions of consumers and sellers to connect and transact. Jumia Logistics enables the delivery of millions of packages through our network of local partners. JumiaPay facilitates the payments of online transactions for Jumia’s ecosystem. With over 1 billion people and 500 million internet users in Africa, Jumia believes that e-commerce is making people’s lives easier by helping them shop and pay for millions of products at the best prices wherever they live. E-commerce is also creating new opportunities for SMEs to grow, and job opportunities for a new generation to thrive.
With over 5,000 employees in more than 10 countries in Africa, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating a sustainable impact in Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation.
About the role:
The Head of Performance (HOP) is responsible for Growth and Performance Steering for all 3 ventures: Jumia E-Commerce, Jumia Food and Jumiapay. This will include yearly/monthly budget forecasting and bi-weekly review with our senior leadership in Ghana and across Africa. The Head of Performance will be expected to share critical opinions on key business challenges in liaison with the CMO and CEO to formulate clear execution plans and to take calculated risks to achieve growth.
The Head of Performance is in charge of driving growth by:
- Leveraging the right channels by having full ownership of the Paid Online Marketing investment (in one of the fastest growing markets in Africa)
- Optimising our CRM logics by leveraging our data science team in Ghana and in Dubai.
- Working closely with the Commercial, Operation and Logistics teams to unlock new customer segments or geographies in the country.
- Performance steering of Jumia E-Commerce, Jumia On Demand Services and JumiaPay
- Ownership of the growth of the 3 verticals of Jumia ( E-Commerce – On-Demand Services – Pay)
- Yearly/Monthly marketing budget forecast for the number 1 E-Commerce in Ghana
- Accountable for all performance channels (Paid Online Marketing, CRM and SEO) with support from our team based in Dubai
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Previous experience in a major consulting firm or investment bank is an advantage
- Previous experience in leading growth for a fast growing companies in the tech/internet industry
- Excellent communication skills in English, and willingness to be immersed in international and entrepreneurial environment
- Sharp, analytical mind and entrepreneurial spirit
- Data analytics project and experience are a must including knowledge of the basic optimization algorithms
- Level headed and can express ideas in a clear and impactful manner
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment, surrounded by AAA
- A unique opportunity of having strong impact in building the African eCommerce sector
- The opportunity to become part of a professional and dynamic team
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth – grow with Jumia
How To Apply
To apply for this position, submit your CV and Application on Company Website: Click Here
Closing Date: 15th March. 2022