Africa Foresight Group (AFG) is a fast-growing tech venture that operates across the continent to build African companies into global champions through freelancing services. Our innovative platform, Peralta, connects top consulting talent from Africa and the world with companies looking to scale and professionalize. We are a market network for top talent and believe that the future of work is Africa. Are you keen to see African companies grow to global scale? Do you believe in the freelance revolution? And do you love pursuing what is thought impossible? Then our AFG community is the right place for you.
As a Head of Talent at AFG, you will be reporting to the COO of the Firm and execute the Group’s growth strategy by driving our talent function, to position AFG as the best place for Freelancers in Africa. As the successful candidate, you are obsessed with building AFG’s reputation among consultants through quality reception, on-boarding, and talent management.
Who you are?
Your team preferences
- You are passionate about private sector development in Africa and AFG’s purpose
- You see yourself as a leader and genuinely believe that the work you do has real consequences for the future of the continent
- You thrive in fast-paced, high-octane work environments that require initiative, diligence, and creativity
- You are a strong communicator, both in writing and verbally, who can build relationships with senior stakeholders at ease
- You care about working in a highly supportive environment with team members who are dedicated and help each other
- You are comfortable with receiving direct feedback and are motivated to deliver results
- You hold a degree from a leading African or foreign tertiary institution
- You have 5 to 7 years of working experience, with focus on African private sector, and in consulting sector
- You possess experience in setting up and managing learning and development pathways for talent
- You have experience in managing a team and experience dealing with upward management
- You possess strong written communication skills with attention to details
- You have strong entrepreneurial skills and “can do” attitude
- You have the ability to work in fast-paced environment, supported by team members
Learning and Development
- Lead the development of learning pathways for consultants
- Lead the development of learning materials and organise all trainings for consultants
- Manage consultants’ learning and development progress
Talent management and engagement
- Develop and implement community engagement framework including fireside chats, newsletters etc.
- Organise frequent consultants’ community events
- Frequent communication through 1:1 calls or group calls with consultants to conduct temperature checks, identify and address concerns
Talent team supervision
- Coach and supervise junior members of the talent team
- Review and conduct quality checks of the output of junior members of the talent team
- Ensure recruiting and staffing functions are being delivered to meet firm strategy
What we offer
- Competitive, incentive-based remuneration
- Working in a 100% remote, vibrant team environment
- Constant opportunities for learning and growth
- International exposure
- Purpose-driven work experience
- Ownership of your own personal development and career advancement
AFG is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status, and encourage all applicants to apply.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this position, Submit your CV and Application on Company Website: Click Here
Closing Date : 10th March. 2022