Cooperative for Assistance and Relief Everywhere (CARE), Inc. doing business as CARE International in Ghana is seeking a qualified candidate to fill the position of HR Assistant.
The HR Assistant candidate we seek will bring passion and initiative to her/his role and contribute to the achievement of CARE’s vision, mission and strategic goals for Ghana.
We offer an inclusive and energetic work environment with opportunities to thrive and grow through initiative and participation in our local, regional and international networks. We are committed to advancing gender equality and diversity in the workplace and to growing our pool of young talent.
The HR Assistant’s overall responsibility is to provide the necessary support to the HR Manager in certain aspects of the Human Resource Management within CARE International in Ghana. His/her key role is to manage all staff data including information and other staff personal document. This position maintains a high degree of confidentiality and a strong customer service focus. Using his/her knowledge, the incumbent will deal with customers with maturity, tact and diplomacy. The HR Assistant will provide a backup for the HR Coordinator in her absence. This position will be based in Accra.
The core areas of performance for this position are:
- Quality and timeliness of support provided,
- Support all recruitment, selection and on-boarding processes of new staff
- Assist in employee training and performance evaluation processes
- Manages all documentation related to the administration of staff letters and maintains adequate record of all correspondence
- Maintain and ensure proper implementation of HR policies and systems in the Field offices
- Support all internal and external HR related inquiries or requests.
- Oversee the completion of compensation and benefit documentation.
Required Skills or Experience
- Good knowledge of human resources practice, policies and procedures
- Excellent knowledge of Ghana labour law and employment equity regulations.
- Full understanding of HR functions and best practices.
- 2-3 years’ experience in administration or human resource management or any other related area.
- Previous experience working with an INGO or a Development organization
- Strong customer service focus and ability to work well with people from varied backgrounds and cultures at all levels in organization.
- Strong level of initiative to provide independent follows through on processing issues and concerns.
- Excellent planning, organization and time management skills and ability to work independently
- Effective HR administration and people management skills
- A strong team player, building and nurturing relationships
- Strong problem solving, analytical, operational, and coordinating abilities,
- Excellent Analytical skills, good written and oral communication skills; Ability to exercise independent judgment and workout direction.
- Ability to multitask and work within deadlines; Proficient in use of Microsoft applications, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint & Outlook (or similar software);
- Meticulous attention to detail and ability to accurately follow instructions.
- Highly computer literate with capability in email, MS Office and related business and communication tools.
- A good first degree in Human Resources Management/Administration or a combination of relevant work experience.
How To Apply
Submit your application (CV and cover letter) via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “HR Assistant” in the subject line.
Deadline: Friday, 11 February 2022.