REPORTS TO: Director of Institute
• To provide coordination and leadership for the Administration, and Human Resources Management functions of the Institute.
• Provide leadership and coordination in the preparation of the Administration budget and manage the budget within the approved limits.
• Ensure the availability of all the logistics required for running the Institute.
• Create a safe and conducive environment for teaching and learning.
• Set objectives for direct reports and monitor and evaluate their performance periodically.
• Plan and supervise class projects, field trips, visits by guest speakers or other experiential activities, and guide students in learning from those activities.
Collaborate with teachers and administrators in the development, evaluation, and revision of school programs such as:
• Gender programming
• Community project
• School to work transitions
• Workplace experience
• Ensure the efficient running of all Units under jurisdiction namely:
• Lead in the manpower planning process for the Institute.
• Advise the Director of Institute on all HR related matters.
• Initiate the development of HR initiatives that enhance staff morale and productivity.
• Ensure that Job Descriptions are prepared for all the positions in the organization.
• Advertise vacant positions and facilitate the recruitment of suitable candidates.
• Develop and maintain the Institute’s human resources policies and procedures and ensure adherence to the policies.
• Build a culture of discipline and execution through the role out of the HR policies
• Undertake salary surveys to ensure that the Institute’s compensation and benefits remain competitive.
• Coordinate the annual performance management process for staff and faculty.
• Facilitate the identification of administrative staff and faculty training needs in conjunction with Department heads.
• Plan and lead professional development activities for staff and faculty. .
• Ensure the health and safety of students, staff and faculty.
• Ensure that the appropriate grievance handling and disciplinary procedures are in place.
• Carry out any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
• Ensure that all frequently used items are well stocked throughout the year.
• Put in place systems and structures to minimize pilferage and loss at the stores.
• Maintain inventory of all vehicles of the Institute
• Monitor and review all logging activities on the Institute’s vehicles
• Ensure that all Company vehicles are in good shape and go for regular maintenance.
Qualification Required & Experience
• First Degree in Business Administration with HR, a Masters would be an added advantage.
• A minimum of Eight (8) years’ experience in a similar role with at least three years (3) in a management role.
How To Apply For This Job
All CV’s and applications letters are to be submitted electronically to: email@example.com
All applicants should clearly state the role they are applying for in the subject of the email and application letter.
Closing Date: 26 August, 2022