GIZ Ghana is a public-benefit federal enterprise. We work on behalf of the German Government and support many public and private sector clients in a wide variety of areas, including economic development and employment, energy, and the environment, and peace and security.
SCOPE OF WORK
- The Junior HR Officer is primarily responsible for providing support to the HR team in dealing with all tasks and responsibilities assigned such as employee relations, onboarding, recruitment/employment, affirmative action, and employment law compliance
- The Junior Human Resource Officer provides support in day to day HR administration assistance and operational activities providing support to the entire HR Team
- Assisting to identify relevant HR-related problems and issues and assisting in formulating
corrective implementation-oriented solutions in support assist with handling HR requests from staff and managers and assisting to resolve them
- Assisting with HR data management, filing, updating files, contract management, exit management, and knowledge management by disseminating and documenting know-how. experience and information in the HR department.
Required qualifications, competencies, and experience
- Outstanding university degree; preferably HR qualification, Business administration, law or sociology (if possible with a focus on HR administration or management) or comparable degree
- Initial experience (internship or similar) in this area
- Practical or basic knowledge of HRIS Software (SAP) or any other software comparable
Other Knowledge, additional competencies required:
- Very good communication skills (written and oral)
- Very good working knowledge of Microsoft application suite (e.g. MS office suite such as Msword, PowerPoint, excel, etc.)
- Basic knowledge and understanding of national labor law basic knowledge and understanding of HR principles, practices, procedures, and contract management
- Very good command of the English language (both written and oral) is required; knowledge of the German language is an asset
- Competitive salary, SSNIT, Health insurance, as well as 13th Month Salary and Annual Bonus.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested and suitable applicants are to forward their detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a one-page cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org under the Job Code 2022/CO/01/02.
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE
Closing Date For Submission Of Application: February 4, 2022