PURPOSE OF POSITION:
VisionFund International (VFI), the microfinance subsidiary of World Vision, manages a global network of microfinance institutions (MFIs). In order to efficiently align all VFI financial resources behind strategy and impact, an investment function has been established to ensure rigorous, objective, and transparent investment decision making.
The Investment Manager reports to the Global Asset Management Director and provides analysis and reporting at both the transaction and portfolio levels, as well as supporting treasury needs.
Investment Transaction and Analysis:
- Vet investment proposals for Investment Committee sponsorship and/or relevant approvers.
- Coordinate approvals (and any information needed) on investments that are not required for Investment Committee.
- Producing materials needed for investment approvals beyond the Investment Committee – i.e. Board Approvals, etc.
- Design and manage the underwriting process for all new investment proposals (equity and debt), including financial and market assessment in conjunction with impact and risk.
- Work with MFIs to resolve gaps and concerns, and escalate severe problems or issues to senior management.
- Responsible for reporting VFI’s investment pipleine including renewals.
Develop and write investment proposals for equity and debt transactions to be reviewed by the Global Asset Management Director and Impact Investment Committee for approval:
- Work cross functionally with VFI Risk, Impact, Strategy and Regional teams to complete market and entity level assessments of investment risk/return/impact profile. Participate in Investment Committee Working Groups to assess MFI action plans.
- Research and interpret company data to facilitate investment proposal recommendations, including interviews with MFI management and other stakeholders.
- Evaluate credit applications utilizing CAMELS methodology (Capital adequacy, asset quality, management, earnings, liquidity, and market sensitivty).
- Design and utilize financial modeling to assess valuation.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of industry happenings and current events, conduct primary and secondary research from industry sources.
- Responsible for the coordination of and preparation for Impact Investment Committee meetings, including organizing meetings, preparing meeting materials and assembling pre-read packs, presentation of investment proposals for approval when needed, and recording of meeting minutes.
- Lead Investment Committee meetings, including setting agendas, moderating, and sponsoring investment proposals for approval.
- Report to Impact Investment Committee performance on previously approved investment trasactions and assist Global Asset Management Director in following up accountability for investment contingencies.
- Work directly with MFIs to resolve gaps and concerns, and escalate severe problems or issues to senior management.
- Identify potential investment opportunities.
- Responsible for updating the Investment Policy and Terms of Reference.
- Provide investment pipeline for casfhlow forecasting.
Portfolio Management and Reporting:
- Evaluate existing investment strategies both for performance monitoring and for potential opportunities to increase efficiency through structural or other modifications.
- Periodically review performance and risk across all investments.
- Collect and analyze MFI rolling funding forecasts.
- Maintain awareness of market, economic, and political developments that impact the risk profile of the portfolio.
- Manage portfolio analysis (performance, composition, etc.) and reporting to SLT, Impact Investment Committee, Management, and the Board.
Treasury and Other Support:
- Provide support to the folowing treasury functions as needed:
- Contribute to ad hoc financial analysis requests and projects in order to cross train and support the wider team when possible.
- Assist with the GC Investment component of the annual planning process, including compiling MFI funding plans.
Project Resource Management:
- Continually provide a proactive problem solving approach to issues and delays to ensure a timely implementation of the project and/or response to lenders.
- Communicate effectively with internal GC departments, regional teams and MFI management teams.
- Continually report on project progress internally.
- Coordinate all stakeholders and ensure each is doing what is required of them to complete projects / external requests.
- Resolves any issues and solves problem throughout the life of the project.
- Acts as a mediator between stakeholders and the Finance team.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- At least 5 years direct financial analysis experience, ideally in banking or related investing or lending practices.
- Demonstrated intercultural communication and influencing skills.
- Theoretical knowledge of and/or experience with foreign currency risk and hedging.
- Bachelor Degree, preferably in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics or related quantitative discipline.
- Strong MS Excel skills required, with competency in intermediate to advanced functions.
- Advanced knowledge of financial markets.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- International / Multinational experience preferred, in particular in emerging markets.
- Masters Degree (MBA, MS Accounting, etc) and/or professional certification (CPA/CFA).
- Highly organized, with the initiative and ability to work with limited supervision.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment on multiple projects under tight deadlines.
- Ability to work effectively within a small team setting.
- Organized, detail oriented and extremely thorough while having the confidence and communication skills to ensure work processes are completed accurately and appropriately.
- Strong problem solving skills and demonstrated ability to take initiative and critically analyze processes and procedures in a push toward constant improvement.
- National/international travel anticipated up to 10% of the time and flexibility to communicate with colleagues in different timezones (email/skype/phone).
- Experience working with colleagues in different languages and timezones.
How To Apply
To apply for this position CLICK HERE
*The ability to work during UK / European time zones is highly preferable.
*Please submit your CV in English.
Job Deadline: 2nd Feb, 2022style="display: block" data-ad-format="autorelaxed" data-ad-client="ca-pub-1709461986084858" data-ad-slot="4770415330">