Applications are open for the ISNAD-Africa Mentoring for Research Program 2022. The ISNAD-Africa Mentoring for Research Program (MRP) establishes technical and thematic mentoring relationships between students in African Universities, and, experienced researchers and professionals from more than 50 countries across the globe.
Students selected for the program are those who are undergoing postgraduate (master’s and doctoral) degree programs in any discipline and are conducting research on sustainable energy, environment, and climate change among other green growth topics for their thesis.
The program currently has, as mentors, over 140 researchers and professionals from various institutions and organizations such as the World Bank, European Union’s Joint Research Center, Harvard University, Yale University, Imperial College London, Center for International Climate and Environmental Research (CICERO), Chatham House, the University of Toronto among other world-class institutions and international organizations.
Since its inception in 2017, the program currently has supported over 110 masters and Ph.D. students from various universities in twenty (20) African countries. By working with their partners, ISNAD-Africa also secures fellowships and grants for most outstanding students (mentees) on the program to participate in international training and conferences.
- Admission into a one-to-one technical and thematic mentoring relationship on your research with an experienced researcher or professional (with expertise in your area of research) from world-class organisations such as the World Bank, Harvard University, Chatham House, Imperial College London, among other international institutions and organisations.
- Support by a mentor to structure your research to be innovative, problem-solving, practice-oriented, and carried out to meet global standards
- Support by ISNAD-Africa to communicate your research findings to relevant stakeholders in the global community, hence, creating more visibility for your research work and career opportunities
- Best-performing mentees will be selected with full funding to participate in the one-month residential UNEP/UNESCO/BMU International Short Course on Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency at the Centre for International Postgraduate Studies of Environmental Management (CIPSEM) at the Technische Universität Dresden in Dresden, Germany.
- Applicants should be registered postgraduate students in universities in Africa countries:
- Doctoral students
- Master’s students should have made a minimum of Second Class (Upper Division) or equivalent from their undergraduate programs
- Successful applicants will be those who possess excellent research ideas aimed at solving a problem or an innovative approach on sustainable energy, environment, biodiversity or climate change.
- Applicants should be carrying out their research in 2022. (Note that the research may be new or ongoing research, however, priority will be given to research projects that are at their early stages). Also, kindly note that students whose research program extends beyond 2022 are also eligible to apply and could be considered for an extension till the completion of their research.
- Applications are welcome from students in any discipline (Technology, Sciences, Arts, Law, Social Sciences, Environmental Design and Management, Agriculture, Health Sciences, ICT, among others) provided their research is on sustainable energy, environment, or climate change-based topics.
In addition to the established research subjects (such as energy access, renewable energy policy); new non-conventional research frontiers such as climate photography, environmental journalism, among others, will be of special interest.
During the application stages, you will be requested to upload the following documents:
- Motivation statement
- Reference Letter (preferably from your research supervisor)
- Research Concept Note
- Profile picture
For more information, visit ISNAD-Africa.