WaterAid Ghana is looking for Head of People and Organisational Development who will lead in delivering outstanding people and organisational development (OD) support to the Country Programme (CP) .
With a deep understanding of the CP people needs and what makes great people management, the Head of People and OD will develop and embed people solutions. The post holder will also be involved in working with the Global People Team to build strong WaterAid people practices. Where necessary will be required to support other Country programmes within West Africa.
Key roles and Responsibilities include:
Develop and maintain all CP people policies, processes, administration, staff handbook and other documentation, ensuring this is kept up to date, is effective, in line with current statutory legislation and WaterAid global policies (i.e., employment contracts, starters, leavers and change processes).
As part of Senior Management Team, contribute to overall CP leadership. Will also work with the RPL and global Leadership and Engagement Teams to build leadership competencies in the CPs.
Support managers in identifying and maximising high potential and succession planning in the CPs.
Embed and role-model a strong performance management culture and processes. Support and coach staff and managers to create clear appraisal objectives, hold open honest conversations, recognise success and implement performance improvement plans.
- Manage and continuously improve CP rewards ensuring an appropriate mix of pay, benefits and non-pay rewards in line with WaterAid’s reward principles and national legislation.
- Contribute to reward benchmarking and coach managers in talking to employees about reward.
- Ensure payroll and reward is delivered and communicated effectively.
- Identify skills and capabilities required to deliver current and future CP work.
- Develop an annual CP resourcing plan and support and challenge managers to make the right resourcing choices.
- Use appropriate, effective and creative recruitment and selection approaches.
OD and Change Management
- Lead on change initiatives, support managers to drive, communicate and sustain change implementation by ensuring clarity on the rationale for change, the future vision, what needs to be done and what the impact is.
- Connect with peers across the organisation to bring best practice ideas to the Country Programme, working in a matrix management structure
- Able to influence and support and challenge senior managers and seen as a credible source of advice
- Role model WaterAid values of Accountability, Courage, Collaboration, Respect, Innovation, and Integrity
Required Skills or Experience
To be successful, you’ll need:
- Masters degree in Human Resources Management/Organizational Behaviour, Psychology, or Organisational Development or other relevant area
- Minimum of 10 years’ overall work experience of which at least 5 must be in Senior HR/ OD role and at the organisational Management/supervisory level
- Member of a professional HR body and HR professional Certification highly desirable.
- Substantial operational experience of working within a busy HR team environment providing timely and high quality advice and work in all aspects of HR (recruitment, reward, employee relations, employment legislation, learning and development, change management, policies and processes)
- Strong knowledge in HR best practice and innovative new practices
- Experience of leading and effectively delivering People based projects
- Strong knowledge, understanding and application of employment law
- West Africa region multi-country experience
- Strong IT skills particularly MS Word, Excel and Outlook, with experience of using HR databases, online recruitment tools and Intranets
- Analytical and numeracy skills, to produce and distil accurate information
How To Apply
If you are interested in the position and have the right skills and attributes, please send your CV (in English) and motivation letter of 350 words or less to: https://wateraidgh.aidaform.com/expert-account-template-basic-job-application-form
The advert can also be assessed on the Global site at https://jobs.wateraid.org/search
Closing date: Monday 14th February 2022
Only candidates shortlisted for interviewing will be contacted within two weeks of the closing date for applications. No recruitment agencies, please.