ABOUT MASTERCARD FOUNDATION
Mastercard Foundation seeks a world where everyone has the opportunity to learn and prosper. Through its Young Africa Works strategy and Canadian EleV program, the Foundation works with partners to ensure that millions of young people, especially young women, access quality education, financial services, and dignified work. Mastercard Foundation was established in 2006 through the generosity of Mastercard when it became a public company. The Foundation is independent with its own Board of Directors and CEO.
THE WORK AT THE FOUNDATION
The Foundation has begun working within Canada in partnership with Indigenous communities and post-secondary institutions to listen, learn, and best understand how we can act in meaningful ways. The EleV strategy was co-created with Indigenous communities, young people, and partners to enable 30,000 Indigenous youth to complete their education and transition to dignified work aligned with their values and aspirations.
As reflected in Canada’s Truth and Reconciliation Commission Calls to Action, education is a key driver of improved socio-economic well-being. Through building partnerships with Indigenous communities, we look to expand our initiative ultimately helping to support a generation of transformative Indigenous young leaders who will be change agents within their communities. We believe that by setting a bold target, we will encourage engagement across sectors and create momentum that will elevate the strengths and opportunities of Indigenous youth. In keeping with our approach, Indigenous communities and young people will be the drivers of this transformation. The program will promote innovations to address longer-term systemic change to achieve economic prosperity and social well-being within Indigenous communities.
The EleV team oversees current and emerging partnerships related to Indigenous education. Consistent with our overall vision and Youth Africa Works strategy, we will share learnings and opportunities to connect across the work of the Foundation. While operating in distinct contexts, the centrality of youth voice and vision, affirmation of culture and identity, and priority to enhance community capacity for self-determination are common threads upon which our work is strengthened and reinforced.
UNDERSTANDING AFRICA PROGRAMS AT THE FOUNDATION
We have entered a very exciting time at the Foundation as we scale up our operations across Africa to realize our Young Africa Works strategy. Our role at the Mastercard Foundation is to be a catalyst. Our Young Africa Works strategy focuses on working with others to spur systemic change so young people have the opportunity to find work that is dignified and fulfilling.
The Foundation has opened offices in Rwanda, Kenya, Ghana, Senegal, Ethiopia, Nigeria, and Uganda, building a broader leadership presence in Africa to develop specific strategies that support youth employment. Within a country, we work with governments, the private sector, educators, young people, and other funders to improve the quality of education and vocational training, prepare young people for the work force, expand access to financial services for entrepreneurs and small businesses, and connect job seekers to dignified and fulfilling work.
We are ambitious and driven. Our values transcend and rise above everything else as our guide. We encourage you to bring your bold ideas, curiosity, and expertise to your work. We laugh at ourselves and with each other. We are a team. Our journey together makes our impact even more meaningful.
If you are an experienced Lead Talent development professional looking to increase your impact, read on!
Reporting to the Head of Talent Development, the role will be responsible for providing a broad-range of high-impact talent development practices and strategies to the organization. The successful candidate would be a leader, subject matter expert and critical resource to the organization. They will also be responsible for the diagnosis, design and implementation of best-in-class talent and leadership academies, strategies, and solutions.
WAYS YOU CAN CONTRIBUTE
- Perform capability gap analyses for departments and teams.
- Lead the process of individual development planning as well as implementation of approved plans.
- Lead foundational wide competence development, assessments, and career architecture.
- Execute capability development initiatives within the organization using the 3Es of learning.
- Co-create the design and delivery of the learning framework that supports the achievement of organizational goals.
- Create learning strategies for capability development.
- Contribute to organization change and effectiveness.
- Co-create and implement learning solutions that address emerging and future needs of the Foundation.
- Lead the implementation of learning management systems as well as introduce engaging and impactful learning solutions/ experiences that enhance employee development.
- Manage L&D quality assurance.
- Management of L&D budget, with oversight from Head of Talent Development.
- Lead the design of strategies and programs that facilitate entry of Scholars into the Foundation.
- Design and execute global talent development/feeder strategies and programs (Graduate Programs, Internship, etc.).
- Measure effectiveness and advise on adjustments/improvements to scholars and internship programs.
- Stay current with industry trends and the latest research around these programs, make recommendations for adjustments.
- Ensure Individual learning, development and progression over time is managed and self‐managed, in order to drive competence.
- Oversee development to provide ready succession for key roles in line with company and individual needs.
- Enable the appropriate talent for key jobs and provide the business with the right skills to fill key positions in future.
- Oversee execution of full cycle performance management process to include communications, coaching, training, etc. for all levels of employees to support the Foundation’s performance process including for annual goal setting, mid-year check-ins and year-end reviews.
- Provide support in the cascade of enterprise-wide goals to teams across the Foundation.
- Manage and analyze the outcomes of the performance management process, identify gaps and recommend solutions including skills upgrading.
- Conduct management reporting on employee performance, progress/completion of process milestones such as goal setting completion, mid-year check-in completion and year-end review completion and conducting goal audits.
- Support HRBPs and People Managers in the implementation of performance programs including Performance Improvement Plans (PIPs), high performers and probation reviews, ensuring these are well executed and monitored.
WHO YOU ARE
- University Degree and/or Graduate Degree (Masters/PhD), in Organizational Development, Psychology, Human Resources or a related field and/or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
- 10+ years of progressive talent development experience with at least five years having been spent in strategically focused roles.
- Experience working in a start-up or ‘build’ environment.
- Experience in developing and delivering a broad range of learning and development experiences including experience with Learning Management Systems and e-Learning Platforms.
- Proven ability to effectively influence, build relationships and leverage the formal and informal organizational structure.
- Ability to effectively lead organizational change with knowledge of change management principles, change communications, methodologies and tools.
- Ability to take initiative, “roll-up one’s sleeves” and bring creative new approaches and diverse solutions.
- Flexible, adaptable, and able to execute a range of job duties and changing priorities.
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills with the ability to articulate information to a variety of constituents across cultures.
- Professional maturity, sensitivity with different cultures, and impeccable integrity that exemplify the Foundation’s values.
- Demonstrate a commitment to Mastercard Foundation’s values and vision.
How To Apply For This Jobs
Interested persons send in their applications via the company’s website: CLICK HERE TO APPLY ONLINE
Deadline for Applications is August 22, 2022.