AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited, Obuasi Gold Mine is currently near completion of the redevelopment phase to become a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation has been fully mechanized and designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking experienced and self-motivated person to join our team as: LEGAL MANAGER
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
The Legal Manager will provide legal and strategic advisory services to AngloGold Ashanti Ghana (AGAG) and its subsidiaries and advise on all key legal and policy issues which affect the business. The Legal Manager will also provide company secretarial and corporate governance support to AGAG and its subsidiaries, including coordinating board meetings, drafting board papers, and taking minutes at meetings. The Legal Manager will be involved in the management and reporting of litigation and disputes, working closely with external counsel and internal clients to resolve matters.
- Respond to requests for advice from internal clients at Obuasi and Iduapriem mines, as well as the other Ghana entities, on a broad range of legal issues covering corporate, commercial, labour, land, intellectual property, data protection, and other laws.
- Provide legal support in connection with the implementation and monitoring of projects and initiatives.
- Advise on disputes, complaints, and legal actions by the company or against the company and, when required, liaise with external counsel in a cost-effective manner.
- Draft, review and negotiate the terms of agreements and other contractual documents.
- Provide support to the Company Secretary in relation to board and corporate governance matters.
- Carry out periodic reviews of standard forms of contract and documents for compliance with Ghana law, AGA policy, and international best practices.
- Develop and deliver training to the various business functions on key regulatory and topical matters.
- Undertake such other responsibilities as assigned by the Head of Legal.
- Carry out Legal Research, Analysis and Opinion
- Manage legal and regulatory risk and liaise with relevant departments to ensure that where legal risks have been identified, appropriate courses of action have been taken.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
A qualifying first degree, an academic qualification in Law and admission to the Ghana bar.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ relevant professional experience with an established law firm and/or a corporate legal department.
- Highly developed technical skills with strong knowledge of, and experience in, corporate/commercial law.
- Exceptional legal drafting skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to distill complex legal concepts and principles into cogent advice and pragmatic solutions.
- Good sense of judgment and ability to quickly identify potential risks.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Natural resources law experience is desirable.
How To Apply
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website: Click Here To Apply Online
Closing Date : 9th September, 2022