M-KOPA is looking to hire qualified persons to fill the position of Legal Counsel.
The scale and impact of our work are massive. M-KOPA is a fast-growing FinTech company offering millions of underbanked customers across Africa access to life-enhancing products and services. From our roots as the pioneer in pay-as-you-go “PayGo’” solar energy for off-grid homes, we have grown into one of the most advanced connected asset ﬁnancing platforms in the world, empowering a broad range of customers to achieve progress in their lives.
The main purpose of the job holder is to make sure that M-KOPA’s business is adhering to law and to give legal advice and monitor all applicable legal aspects.
- Give accurate and timely counsel to executives on a variety of legal topics(regulation, compliance, labour law, partnerships, international ventures, corporate finance etc.)
- Draft and solidify agreements, contracts, statements, agreements, and other legal documents to ensure the company’s full legal rights
- Provide legal counsel to M-KOPA I. connection with an ongoing contractual relationship with domestic and international suppliers, distributors, regulators, investors, external counsel, and public authority.
- To anticipate and manage the(legal )risks connected with or resulting from the business strategy and operations, and devise efficient defence strategies
- To specify internal governance policies and regularly monitor compliance through the management and oversight of compliance across all M-KOPA markets
- Liaise with colleagues and external counsel on litigation, legal advice and other legal issues.
- Communicate and negotiate with external parties(regulators, investors, external counsel, public authority etc.), creating relations of trust
- Apply effective risk management techniques and offer proactive advice on possible legal issues
- Keep up with current changes in all relevant areas of laws and contribute to the enhancement of the knowledge base of the company’s legal function
M-KOPA is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to assembling a diverse, broadly trained staff. Women, minorities, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
How To Apply
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria should send their applications and CVs Online CLICK HERE TO APPLY
Closing Date: 31st May, 2022
M-KOPA does not collect/charge any money as a pre-employment or post-employment requirement. This means that we never ask for ‘recruitment fees’, ‘processing fees’, ‘interview fees’ or any other kind of money in exchange for offer letters or interviews at any time during the hiring process.