m2m Ghana is implementing an Integrated ECD/RMNCH program in two Facility Sites in two regions in Ghana. m2m Ghana seeks an RMNCH Project Officer who will be responsible for the day-to-day planning, coordination, implementation, and monitoring of direct and e-Service delivery of PMTCT, differentiated Adolescent Services and ECD activities at m2m project site(s) including health facilities and community geolocations. On the job-training for ECD related components of the role will be provided.
The RMNCH Officer will directly support site staff (Facility and Community Mentor Mothers) by ensuring that Mentor Mothers have the requisite skills and resources for the direct delivery of program activities which must meet established quality standards.
Key Performance Areas:
- Provide supportive supervision, technical support, and mentorship to Facility and Community Mentor Mothers (site staff) on m2m RMNCAH/PMTCT and ECD programme standards.
- Based on identified quality gaps, initiate the development of relevant standard operating procedures (SOPs) and improvement plans for RMNCAH/PMTCT and ECD programme implementation.
- Plan and coordinate site staff recruitments for replacements and new projects.
- In consultation with site staff, plan and coordinate site-based programme activities e.g. community dialogues, community-based HIV psychosocial support groups, parenting information playgroup sessions, etc.
- Plan and coordinate donor, head office personnel, Ministry of Health, and other implementing partner site visits.
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Collaborate and support SI Officer to ensure data and reporting quality.
- Support the site-level use of m2m quality improvement and strategic management tools, both paper and electronic.
- Data entry of programme data generated monthly at the health facility level.
- Conduct data quality audits on a month-to-month basis in DHIS2 as per existing Standard Operating Procedures.
- Extract data from DHIS2 for report writing and programme performance reviews when required.
- Together with site staff, jointly and routinely review Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement (QA/QI) programme performance reports and institute remedial actions to address any QA/QI issues, with a focus on Early Infant Diagnosis (EID) testing, Active-Client Follow-Up (ACFU).
- Support routine programme evaluation activities as required.
- Conduct site-level routine supportive supervision, mentorship and monitoring activities on both programme and Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) functions with support from the Strategic Information Officer.
- Contribute relevant information for the compilation of project reports.
Training and Capacity Building
- Conduct training needs assessments.
- Planning and coordination of pre-service and in-service training
- Co-facilitate pre-service and in-service training
- Provide ongoing mentorship to site staff on usage of mHealth applications i.e. CommCare App1 and App2.
Human Resource Management
- Line management of site staff, including performance appraisals, approval and tracking of annual leaves, etc.
- Live and promote m2m values including integrity, honesty, dedication, empathy, compassion and teamwork among m2m staff.
- Prepare purchase requisitions for programme related materials (M&E tools, site supplies, etc.)
- Ensure prudent use of m2m’s resources at project sites.
- Note-taking and filing of minutes of programme related meetings.
- Monitor and report on any safety and security-related incidents involving site staff, e.g. muggings, etc.
Stakeholder Engagement and Representation
- Develop and periodically update the stakeholder matrix.
- Support the Technical Specialist to manage external relationships with Ghana Health Services, Ministry of Health, Ministry of Gender Children and Social Protection Department of Social Welfare (National, Regional and District), local CSOs and other stakeholders where required.
- On occasion, represent m2m Ghana at the facility, district, regional and national level technical meetings and other fora.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the line manager.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree or its equivalent in Public Health and/or Nursing
- Minimum of five years of field experience in public health work with a focus on Early Childhood Development (ECD) and Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn, Child Health and Adolescent (RMNCAH) and knowledge of the Nurturing Care Framework
- Strong technical knowledge of HIV/AIDS programming including the Prevention of Mother to Child Transmission (PMTCT) cascade and its protocols
- Experience in conducting training and capacity building activities for different program cadre including caregivers
- Familiar with Community Health Planning Services, Service Delivery and Monitoring
- Experience with managing staff, especially community health workers.
- Familiarity with the Differentiated Service Delivery (DSD) approach
- Experience in quality assurance, quality improvement, data management and data quality assurance mechanisms
- Strong skills in M&E
- Experience in Early Childhood Development a plus, not essential. On-the-job training will be provided
- Experience with mobile health (mHealth) and digital applications, such as CommCare, preferred
- Ability to lead, motivate, mentor and coach a team.
- Ability to train and facilitate skills transfer.
- Ability to work well under pressure, manage multiple tasks and meet tight/competing deadlines independently with sound decision making.
- Respectful, teachable and able to accept constructive feedback.
- Self-motivated, analytical skills, team player and results-oriented.
- Excellent verbal and oral communication and writing skills.
- Ability to simplify and communicate technical issues for lay health cadres.
- Computer literate (MS Office Suite).
- Fluent in English and the local language of the area.
mothers2mothers is an equal opportunity employer. We particularly encourage applications from people living with HIV and AIDS (PLWHA), people with disabilities, women and previously disadvantaged people.
Competitive salary packages will be negotiable in accordance with m2m’s remuneration policies
How To Apply
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website: Click Here
Closing Date: 19th June. 2022